• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

Web development 101. Never ever "fix" things on production. :gossip: that is what local and staging areas are for. :makepoint:

On 12/16/2021 at 7:35 AM, universal soldier said:

Web development 101. Never ever "fix" things on production. :gossip: that is what local and staging areas are for. :makepoint:

Hehehehe!!!

E914B195-C54E-4517-89C7-D516F55C6588.jpeg

On 12/16/2021 at 3:01 PM, chrisco37 said:

Today, when I click the "CGC chat boards" up on the top left, it takes me to Journals instead of the Forum Home Page.   

On 12/16/2021 at 8:35 AM, universal soldier said:

you think this is web dev? :headpat: You think they have a dev and cert environment? :gossip: UAT? :roflmao:This is all config.  :yeehaw:

On 12/16/2021 at 8:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

Yes, and error was made.  I have notified someone to try and fix it.  

Ah thanks! I was wondering. I had to click a notification to get to sesame street today 😂

On 12/16/2021 at 10:17 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

you think this is web dev? :headpat: You think they have a dev and cert environment? :gossip: UAT? :roflmao:This is all config.  :yeehaw:

I think this is third party hosted and the "development" is not done by CGC and I would hope that the vendor has lower environments. Doesn't matter if it is config or not, shouldn't happen on production. I do this stuff every day so :headpat: right back atcha buddy.

• Administrator
On 12/16/2021 at 10:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm very excited to see the journals when I click "CGC Chat Boards". :D

I am glad you enjoyed that.  Now that I know which buttons does what, where would you like it to take you tomorrow?  

On 12/16/2021 at 9:17 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

On 12/16/2021 at 9:47 AM, universal soldier said:

I think this is third party hosted and the "development" is not done by CGC and I would hope that the vendor has lower environments. Doesn't matter if it is config or not, shouldn't happen on production. I do this stuff every day so :headpat: right back atcha buddy.

No disrespect to you man, I know you know what you are doing - just making light of the fact that this here hosted and skinned implementation which they probably hacked together the entire platform from open source and 3rd party plugins ain’t high end development by any stretch. It’s been a dumpster fire since they moved. Whatever they are paying is too much and not enough :peace:

On 12/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

No disrespect to you man, I know you know what you are doing - just making light of the fact that this here hosted and skinned implementation which they probably hacked together the entire platform from open source and 3rd party plugins ain’t high end development by any stretch. It’s been a dumpster fire since they moved. Whatever they are paying is too much and not enough :peace:

:foryou: all good :) 

I agree, sooo many issues. Lol, I would have been fired if I put something like this out the door.

@CGC Mike

I'm hardly being signed out on the phone today, so thanks.

Let the powers that be know :) 

I don't want to tag "everyone" in case there are more updates they're still taking care of! ^^ 

• Administrator
On 12/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike

I'm hardly being signed out on the phone today, so thanks.

Let the powers that be know :) 

I don't want to tag "everyone" in case there are more updates they're still taking care of! ^^ 

That's good to know.  Thanks go to @dena and @Matt G