• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2021 at 7:10 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

@CGC Mike Mike - the phrase in question is a reference to popular culture. Are you saying that the perceived offence to women associated with that phrase is the issue

'Tree fiddy' is a reference to ebonics.  One could say it is 'making fun of black people'.  No one's ever had an issue with it because it's not.  TWSS is likewise not 'making fun of' or 'demeaning' women.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:55 PM, kav said:

'Tree fiddy' is a reference to ebonics.  One could say it is 'making fun of black people'.  No one's ever had an issue with it because it's not.  TWSS is likewise not 'making fun of' or 'demeaning' women.

I'm going out on a limb to say that, No, nobody would think that 

Except racists I suppose

On 11/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're dragging this out unnecessarily Kav. The repetition is the issue. 

tree fiddy was repeated endlessly, for far longer.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:02 PM, kav said:

tree fiddy was repeated endlessly, for far longer.

Not by the same person a hundred times a week. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, The Meta said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that, No, nobody would think that 

Except racists I suppose

So youre calling me a racist.  Nice.  There is nothing wrong with ebonics or how black culture speaks.  One would be a racist to think that.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Not by the same person a hundred times a week. 

So is that the metric we're using?  Its not ok if the same person does it, but if everyone does it, its ok.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, kav said:

So youre calling me a racist.  Nice.  There is nothing wrong with ebonics or how black culture speaks.  One would be a racist to think that.

Not what I meant, but alright 

Guess I should have said you're dragging it out unnecessarily 

On 11/14/2021 at 1:04 PM, kav said:

So is that the metric we're using?  Its not ok if the same person does it, but if everyone does it, its ok.

We are in this pickle because at some point, you are no longer allowed to walk up to a person and politely explain how annoying they are.

With respect 

It either flies over the subjects head or they get offended 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, The Meta said:

We are in this pickle because at some point, you are no longer allowed to walk up to a person and politely explain how annoying they are.

With respect 

It either flies over the subjects head or they get offended 

How annoying they are to SOME people.  I find greggy and other's use of TWSS hilarious.  And i'm far from alone.
As I said i find doo-doo and butt jokes annoying and childish.  So what.  I'm not in charge of everything.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, kav said:

It's the metric Mike is proposing Kav. Check with him if you're unclear.

My take though - if someone says "how much is this worth", someone will say "tree fiddy" and that's the end of it. It's a scramble to see who says it first, but it's said once. But if one person posts "tree fiddy" 16 times a day, in response to every second post that they read, regardless of its appropriateness, then that's a completely different thing. And annoying to many, as this discussion is beginning to reveal. 

On 11/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, kav said:

How annoying they are to SOME people.  I find greggy and other's use of TWSS hilarious.  And i'm far from alone.
As I said i find doo-doo and butt jokes annoying and childish.  So what.  I'm not in charge of everything.

That is absolutely valid

I suppose what Mike has to do is decide for the forum, what is pertinent and what isn't

So there will always be someone who complains. Always. Human nature 

Then the next thing that happens there is bias everywhere, and this place turns into a toxic stew of what they said 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

And annoying to many, as this discussion is beginning to reveal. 

I'm counting 2 or 3 people here that find it annoying and the majority have no issue with it.  I dispute the use of the word'many'.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:15 PM, kav said:

I'm counting 2 or 3 people here that find it annoying and the majority have no issue with it.  I dispute the use of the word'many'.

Whether it's many or a handful that find it annoying, Mike is one of them and he's asked for it to stop. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Whether it's many or a handful that find it annoying, Mike is one of them and he's asked for it to stop. 

You dont know that.  Mike is reacting to complaints i suspect.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, The Meta said:

Actually, the position should be 100% impartial 

^This.  If Mike didnt like doo-doo jokes marwood woud be **** out of luck, for example.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:24 PM, kav said:

You dont know that.  Mike is reacting to complaints i suspect.

And you don't know that. He'll come and tell us if either of us are wrong, I'm sure.