• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

www.awe4one.com and Mark Jewelers info
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I know it been awhile but thought I’d ask a general question out there. Do you use the website to get info about MJI inserts? My website and domain is becoming due and wondering if the money I spend a year is worth it. I spent a considerable amount of time collecting these issues and figuring it out but if not many are using the info then why am I wasting the money? Kinda on the fence. Hope all is well with the long timers,

Jim

On 11/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, awe4one said:

I know it been awhile but thought I’d ask a general question out there. Do you use the website to get info about MJI inserts? My website and domain is becoming due and wondering if the money I spend a year is worth it. I spent a considerable amount of time collecting these issues and figuring it out but if not many are using the info then why am I wasting the money? Kinda on the fence. Hope all is well with the long timers,

Jim

I used it a lot back in the day when I was collecting Spidey MJIs Jim. The nature of these types of sites, which capture specific comic research, is that once the interested party has learnt what they need to know, there is no real reason to revisit the site again, especially if there is little by way of updates. Once the salient data has been recorded, there's nowhere else to go. MJIs are some of the coolest things on Earth though, and there will always be new collectors waiting in the wings to find, or be directed to, your site. 

You must have spent a lot of time and energy researching all that. It's your work. To many, you are "Mr MJI". So leave it up, if you can, firstly for those future collectors to one day find, but primarily as the enduring statement that long ago, you did all that work. 

I still check the site every so often hoping for part 8. Knowing they existed (from my childhood) has only been half the battle. Your site helped in my search for them by giving me a "target zone" to focus on.

I'd like to find a similar resource that covered other inserts (pizzazz, AD&D, Tattooz, etc)

My vote is keep it up if you can. It is a great resource and I am glad to have found it.

I would hate to lose all the insert info, book-of-the-day posts, etc. that’s contained on Awe4one.

I’m still sad to have said “goodbye” several years back to Stlcomics and everything the Variant Mafia & others contributed there.  

On 11/6/2021 at 5:15 AM, steveinthecity said:

I would hate to lose all the insert info, book-of-the-day posts, etc. that’s contained on Awe4one.

I’m still sad to have said “goodbye” several years back to Stlcomics and everything the Variant Mafia & others contributed there.  

I agree. I used to enjoy posting new images there. Just goes to show that there are no guarantees that the things we enjoy in life will always be there - regardless of the value they contain.