• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any Keys that are just 'Blah' to you?
4 4

136 posts in this topic

I

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/cqhiHLc.WqA8~2eefa/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/werewolf-by-night-32-marvel-1975-cgc-vf-80-white-pages.jpg

I never owned this, but when I finally got a chance to read it.  I was so disappointed.  I mean really, really disappointed.Art was bad, story was super bad, it is a cool cover though.  Don't get me wrong, I have bought other Moon Knight series, but I don't know why they ever made any of them after this story.

Edited by toro

On 11/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, KCOComics said:

:whatthe:

I love that book!!! Even if I'll never own it. 

Suspense 8 is awesome as well. Really, every cover in that run was fantastic, but I think Schomburg's was brilliant. 

Out of curiosity did you ever read the stories inside? I haven't, but I would be curious if they are bad? Or just underwhelm compared to the cover. 

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=19694

I've read most of the issue, enough to feel comfortable saying it's pretty bad other than the cover.  Everybody's tastes differ, though.

Jim Lee started working for Marvel in 1987. Todd McFarlane's first published comic work was in 1984. :gossip: (It's their clones that tend to be the problem.)

Liefeld, I totally understand. :foryou:

I kind of feel the same way about Al Milgrom's art... although I'm sure he's a fine person. He wore so many hats at Marvel: editor, writer, inker, artist... that I felt that his artwork suffered as a result.

Edited by sckao

On 11/6/2021 at 5:44 PM, toro said:

I

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/cqhiHLc.WqA8~2eefa/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/werewolf-by-night-32-marvel-1975-cgc-vf-80-white-pages.jpg

I never owned this, but when I finally got a chance to read it.  I was so disappointed.  I mean really, really disappointed.Art was bad, story was super bad, it is a cool cover though.  Don't get me wrong, I have bought other Moon Knight series, but I don't know why they ever made any of them after this story.

Another key I'd group in with this is Marvel Preview 7, first Rocket (Rocky) Raccoon.  Don't like the story, the art, or his feeble, cliched British accent and dialogue.  Hulk 271; terrible as well, plus an atrocious cover.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/6/2021 at 2:36 PM, sckao said:

Jim Lee started working for Marvel in 1987. Todd McFarlane's first published comic work was in 1984. :gossip: (It's their clones that tend to be the problem.)

Liefeld, I totally understand. :foryou:

I kind of feel the same way about Al Milgrom's art... although I'm sure he's a fine person. He wore so many hats at Marvel: editor, writer, inker, artist... that I felt that his artwork suffered as a result.

Lee's style quickly morphed to the Leifeld-esque style that is so detestably 90sish. Compare that X-Men 4 abovr to just a couple years earlier with his X-Men 248 debut. World of difference. 

Screenshot_20211106-183641_eBay.jpg

On 11/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, Poekaymon said:

Christ.  I give up. Who greenlit this atrocity? 

I always wondered, if he's holding his cape up (his right side), then whose hand is on her shoulder? And if he's not holding it up (when it totally appears that he is), then what is? I don't care - I still love it. Just like Batman 244 with the Bat-jammies - 244 is still my favorite cover, regardless.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 11/6/2021 at 9:40 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I always wondered, if he's holding his cape up (his right side), then whose hand is on her shoulder? And if he's not holding it up (when it totally appears that he is), then what is? I don't care - I still love it. Just like Batman 244 with the Bat-jammies - 244 is still my favorite cover, regardless.

Lots of starch.  Well, the irony is I have always liked this cover and finally bought one of these like a week ago.  And now, between the multiple missing yellows and this hand business, you guys have sort of ruined it for me.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:00 PM, Poekaymon said:

Lots of starch.  Well, the irony is I have always liked this cover and finally bought one of these like a week ago.  And now, between the multiple missing yellows and this hand business, you guys have sort of ruined it for me.

Ah, don't let it ruin it - it's still a great cover. 244 has always been my favorite, and I also loved 251. Then people pointed out the Bat-onsie on 244 and Joker's weird leg on 251. Whatever, they're still amazing-looking books. Look past the flaws and love it for what it is. That's what I tell my wife to do with me and it's worked for 21 years... (shrug)xD

On 11/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Ah, don't let it ruin it - it's still a great cover. 244 has always been my favorite, and I also loved 251. Then people pointed out the Bat-onsie on 244 and Joker's weird leg on 251. Whatever, they're still amazing-looking books. Look past the flaws and love it for what it is. That's what I tell my wife to do with me and it's worked for 21 years... (shrug)xD

I just had a look at 244 and 251.  Not sure I see the problem with 244.  Is it because it looks like he has leggings under the costume?  That doesn't seem that bad--some sort of anti-chafing precaution.  251 is a bit wild though.  Not sure I would have noticed, but that one leg is way off.  Probably need Kav to come in and describe exactly how anatomically impossible it is, but it seems that the Joker is, at the very least, suffering from some advanced form of hip dysplasia.