• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would YOU buy?
3 3

107 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 8:14 AM, Randall Dowling said:

It is inane.  You keep starting threads with premises that are ridiculous.  Most everyone here developed their knowledge of comics and the market through many years of buying, selling, and studying the history and trends.

You seem to want a shortcut where everyone will tell you that hard earned knowledge.  The problem is this:  If you haven't gone through the years of study, or to say it another way- paid your dues, then people can give you the answer and you won't understand it.  Instead of starting threads like "Have you ever looked at a comic and thought it should be worth more?", try sharing what you've found and what you like and why.  That's a fan response and many here will be glad to engage you like that.

If all you want to do is focus on the money and what will be worth more someday, you'll find many in this audience that are disgusted.  Most of us are big fans of the medium.  That's why we're here.  2c

Yeah, how dare he use the forum in a way that isn't to your liking!

On 11/8/2021 at 9:39 AM, alexgross.com said:

+1 amen!

@Joe Peck my life is just fine thank you. but i spend way too much time here learning about comics by READING OLD THREADS and doing my research. stop asking silly questions. you're ruining the boards. and i will put you on ignore, thank you. but you still need to grow up and learn to do your homework.  since i don't think i will persuade you, here are some more threads you can start:

ARE COMIC BOOKS COLLECTIBLE?

IS IT COLLECTIBLE OR COLLECTABLE?

IS SPELLING IMPORTANT IN COMIC BOOKS?

ARE COMIC BOOKS WORTH MONEY?

And this is why I get combative on here. There are plenty of silly threads here and most threads devolve into silliness, but since "esteemed veterans of the forums" are involved, it's okay.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, Shawn Everidge said:

Made yet another account did you? Begone.

Methinks, thou hast a target on thy back. 

(:gossip: I don't think that will stop him)

On 11/8/2021 at 11:40 AM, universal soldier said:

Methinks, thou hast a target on thy back. 

(:gossip: I don't think that will stop him)

It doesn't help when you paint it yourself. Such an exercise has not worked out well for most in the past.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 AM, Joe Peck said:

Same comment I made on the other thread.  The internet has this wonderful feature called "ignore".  If my thread is inane why post?  Is your life so sad the only pleasure you get is being insensitive online when anonymity makes it so easy?  Try following the age old wisdom.  If you don't have anything nice to say then try saying nothing.  You might find you sleep better.

This thread may seem inane to some, but it got me researching more in other places hence the concept of comics becoming like Penny Dreadful collectibles became a new thought which may change the price I was willing to pay.  It's not inane.  It's the internet and asking a "what if" question is fun to answer if you want to try.

Sheesh. doh!

Ok, I will try my best to be nice.  I have survived here and I have seen those inane (sometimes insane) comments here for nearly 12 years. Remember you are still a N00b and you are always welcome to the board. Just cope with us until you are becoming one of us.  You are still good and you have some interesting comments.  You seemed inquisitive but you need to tone it down little bit.  That is all.

• Administrator
On 11/8/2021 at 5:02 AM, Joe Peck said:

Same comment I made on the other thread.  The internet has this wonderful feature called "ignore".  If my thread is inane why post?  Is your life so sad the only pleasure you get is being insensitive online when anonymity makes it so easy?  Try following the age old wisdom.  If you don't have anything nice to say then try saying nothing.  You might find you sleep better.

This thread may seem inane to some, but it got me researching more in other places hence the concept of comics becoming like Penny Dreadful collectibles became a new thought which may change the price I was willing to pay.  It's not inane.  It's the internet and asking a "what if" question is fun to answer if you want to try.

Sheesh. doh!

You have been here 3 weeks.  Not counting PGM threads, you have started 20 new topics.  Several have a similar theme.  Stop starting so many threads, and save some front page real estate for other posters.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:01 PM, Joe Peck said:

I'm more thinking of something I could put in a frame and hang on the wall.  Maybe one; maybe a set of 4, but not something I'd be looking to get rid of for a while, and something interesting to look at with a story to tell visitors.

What I've done before now is take a good quality colour photocopy on decent paper and put that on the wall in a clip frame. The book stays nice and you can change it over when you feel like a change. I've had Special Marvel Edition 15 and X Men 111 'on the wall' knowing the original is somewhere safe away from the UV. I've even taken enlarged copies to display in A3 frames. Now that makes an impact. 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

What I've done before now is take a good quality colour photocopy on decent paper and put that on the wall in a clip frame. The book stays nice and you can change it over when you feel like a change. I've had Special Marvel Edition 15 and X Men 111 'on the wall' knowing the original is somewhere safe away from the UV. I've even taken enlarged copies to display in A3 frames. Now that makes an impact. 

I think that a lot of "wall-worthy" comics have reprints that would be nicer than just a photocopy, but your idea is still a good one. 2c

On 11/8/2021 at 9:41 AM, CGC Mike said:

You have been here 3 weeks.  Not counting PGM threads, you have started 20 new topics.  Several have a similar theme.  Stop starting so many threads, and save some front page real estate for other posters.

Now do noob shawn everidge who is combative AF and swingin at the fences.