• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would YOU buy?
3 3

107 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, Joe Peck said:

The reprimand from CGC Mike constitutes and condones Cyber Bullying and is illegal.  I did not violate any forum rule nor was anyone required to read or respond to any thread I started, and yet a forum administrator felt it was alright to defend a person directing negative comments at my person.  That is not ok.

There's no First Amendment right to post on the CGC boards, which are a privately administered forum that can eject any of us at any time. Nobody's bullying anyone from what I can see. Rather, it just appears to be exhaustion with someone who charges in, can't seem to read the room and then resists advice on how to engage. I haven't been here that long either, but common sense dictates that when you join a group, with its own culture, norms of behavior and administrative rules, you show some humility.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:09 PM, Joe Peck said:

The reprimand from CGC Mike constitutes and condones Cyber Bullying and is illegal.  I did not violate any forum rule nor was anyone required to read or respond to any thread I started, and yet a forum administrator felt it was alright to defend a person directing negative comments at my person.  That is not ok

smiley-shit-hits-the-fan.gif.91bbc41ddc0d36375577fbc57e734082.gif.853f4c1473d7702e574cc315047ff25a.gif

You know he wants to.... :1514325239_yeehawemoji:

20210408_001412.jpg.b4f36a21c3e34202f0180cd65a07a09a.jpg

The reprimand from CGC Mike constitutes and condones Cyber Bullying and is illegal.  I did not violate any forum rule nor was anyone required to read or respond to any thread I started, and yet a forum administrator felt it was alright to defend a person directing negative comments at my person.  That is not ok.

willow-peck.gif

:roflmao:

You must have missed this post. If you already saw it, check it out again.

On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

On 11/8/2021 at 1:09 PM, Joe Peck said:

Does this qualify as aware bullying @Buzzetta?

@Joe Peck I'd just take a step back from the boards for a day or two. Seems like you've let the ribbing get to you.  You do post a ton of threads, which can be annoying on any forum. But it's cool you are so excited about comics.  Maybe choose one of your threads as a catch all for some of the questions you've  had. People likely would respond more positively to that.