• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is immacuclean? Moreover what’s in it
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Gday Mates,

Ok check my previous post

So I found immacuclean it’s sold in bottles you buy from immaculate comics. The post has a YouTube video they use. Anyways im curious as to what is in it. I got this from a reddit thread. Read my post in my other post for immulate comics YouTube video using it. Also I mentioned using salicylic acid do you think that’s what it could be or something similar? It has to be water based whatever it is????

Thanks 

Edited by 815K1

I was looking at immacuclean too, but his YouTube videos are very suspect when it comes to wet cleaning. All he shows is the beginning soaking which looks like it’s doing more damage and then never the finished product. 
I want to work my way up to cleaning the water/liquid stain in my X-Men 1 to save the pages from becoming brittle. Is a water bath with heat lamp and press the way to go or a humidity chamber? Any suggestions?

ED1A0E9A-88A3-4B31-B6ED-3CAF6659D993.jpeg

280A259B-A2E0-4B00-BE69-164D5F6604DE.jpeg

From what I've read, Immacuclean is a 1:1.5 mixture of 90%+ IPA and 3% H2O2.  I've used that solution to wipe down book and it is pretty good about removing grime.  You have to be careful and use it sparingly or you could remove color.  After you're done with it you have to press the book.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:18 AM, Stronguy said:

From what I've read, Immacuclean is a 1:1.5 mixture of 90%+ IPA and 3% H2O2.  I've used that solution to wipe down book and it is pretty good about removing grime.  You have to be careful and use it sparingly or you could remove color.  After you're done with it you have to press the book.

So then he’s selling alcohol. He would need a liquor license to sell it? What if I ate/drank immacuclean would I be poisoned? So if I go to the doctors and they say what did you take I’m gonna say immacuclean…

so wouldn’t the label have to disclose what chemicals are in it for it to be sold as a good for cleaning?

sounds like this guys got a law suit waiting to happen.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:49 PM, 815K1 said:

So then he’s selling alcohol. He would need a liquor license to sell it? What if I ate/drank immacuclean would I be poisoned? So if I go to the doctors and they say what did you take I’m gonna say immacuclean…

so wouldn’t the label have to disclose what chemicals are in it for it to be sold as a good for cleaning?

Having worked in printing with all kinds of chemicals from blanket wash to different etch solutions, you'd be amazed at what people have tried to drink over the years, so much so OSHA requires printing plants to have every bottle label of what's in it as well has a hazard report on hand on for every chemical in the building 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:49 PM, 815K1 said:

:facepalm:

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol

H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide

On 12/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, Stronguy said:

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol

H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide

On 12/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, Stronguy said:

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol

H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide

I have seen serious hydrogen peroxide burns. I burnt myself once using it to clean a wound. Serious. 

On 12/10/2021 at 2:18 AM, Stronguy said:

I used the isopropyl and salicylic acid to remove some sticky tape goo. It was good. Didn’t do much besides ripples if used too much, don’t think it took off colour. Will try this mix with peroxide next. 

I've used Immacuclean at times and as Rick points out in his videos, there can be color loss. He suggests to test a cover with a q-tip first to see if you experience color loss before proceeding. Reds and yellows most likely to be impacted. It can produce good results, especially on whites and back covers, but you need to learn how to use it using practice books. Tide lines can be a problem and have to learn how to buff those out. It may not be for everyone, but it can work if you now how to work with it ... like every other cleaning process. Here's an example of side-by-side of untouched (left) and Immacuclean + H202 / UVA light treatment on an Avengers 58.Side-by-side.thumb.jpg.12f046e13c4104d3c0c030d87ed4f777.jpg

On 12/19/2021 at 12:37 AM, 815K1 said:

I have seen serious hydrogen peroxide burns. I burnt myself once using it to clean a wound. Serious. 

3% HOOH will not burn you but if you go with higher concentrations you're asking for trouble on bare skin.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:04 AM, Dr. Bruce Banner said:

H202 / UVA light

Why UV A I would have thought UV B would make things whiter as that’s what people use on their skin? I try using products people use on their skin I am yet to use teeth whitener but it’s on the list.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:18 AM, Stronguy said:

The MSDS from Immaculate Comics states that ImmacuClean consists of the following:

65-69% - 2-[bis(2-hydroxyethyl)amino]ethanol,2-butoxyethyl dihydrogen phosphate

17-19% - Water

2-6% - Triethanolamine

<1% - 2-Butoxyethanol

I should note that this is for the concentrated solution, which is to be diluted in DI water before using.  The instructions on the website call for diluting the concentrated solution in the amount of 3.5% to 7% solution to DI water.  

Edited by FFB
Added the bit about diluting in water