• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED.............................................................THANK YOU (DETECTIVE 27 ( HOLY GRAIL) COMPLETE COVERLESS CGC (NG)
3 3

28 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2021 at 9:08 AM, I am not Glenda said:

BUMP AND UPDATE: Hi I am going to be closing this listing Sunday, I understand this book may not be for everyone or maybe the timing is off and I also understand that several of you made very fair trade/cash offers and I considered them all..... THANK YOU. However some of the emails I found to be a little s#itty look this what it is yes I know it's "not a perfect coverless copy as I was reminded by one offer" yes I also wish it had the cover and yes I understand that it may sell for less then one of the offers at auction, that being said I might just sock it away another decade and we can see where it lands then or maybe its off to Heritage and it lands where it lands. I seriously just think I am going to keep it. But I can't say thank you enough to all of you on the boards for the positive input and for the cool post. Have a safe and happy holiday. 

Good luck to you.  I'm a spectator...I couldn't afford this anyway.  It is cool to see stuff like this out there, especially on the boards.  My being able to have even a piece of TEC #27 is so far out of my reach, I might as well WISH in one hand and defecate in the other.  lol I hope you're able to make a deal.  I don't know about others here in the thread, but I'd love to know how it goes. (thumbsu (worship)

Edited by Galen130
Wish…not ship. Sheesh!!

On 12/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, I am not Glenda said:

BUMP AND UPDATE: Hi I am going to be closing this listing Sunday, I understand this book may not be for everyone or maybe the timing is off and I also understand that several of you made very fair trade/cash offers and I considered them all..... THANK YOU. However some of the emails I found to be a little s#itty look this what it is yes I know it's "not a perfect coverless copy as I was reminded by one offer" yes I also wish it had the cover and yes I understand that it may sell for less then one of the offers at auction, that being said I might just sock it away another decade and we can see where it lands then or maybe its off to Heritage and it lands where it lands. I seriously just think I am going to keep it. But I can't say thank you enough to all of you on the boards for the positive input and for the cool post. Have a safe and happy holiday. 

Thank you for trying- big ticket items are more hit or miss here from what I’ve seen. There are some really great offers at even the $2k level that take some time to get done… but it’s always worth a shot to try here first as there’s no obligation or cost to it…

BUMP AND UPDATE: Hi I am going to be closing this listing Sunday, I understand this book may not be for everyone or maybe the timing is off? I also understand that several of you made very fair trade/cash offers and I considered them all..... THANK YOU. However some of the emails I found to be a little s#itty look this what it is & yes I know it's "not a perfect coverless copy as I was reminded by one offer" yes I also" wish it had the cover" and yes " I understand that it may sell for less then you offers at auction" That being said I might just sock it away another decade or maybe its off to Heritage and it lands where it lands. I seriously leaning on just keep it. I sincerely can't say thank you enough to all of you on the boards for the positive input and for the cool posts ( the one meme is classic). In the end this is Detective #27 and that's all that needs to be said.              Have a safe and Happy Holiday. Frank

Welcome to the boards!

On 12/9/2021 at 8:08 AM, I am not Glenda said:

BUMP AND UPDATE: Hi I am going to be closing this listing Sunday, I understand this book may not be for everyone or maybe the timing is off? I also understand that several of you made very fair trade/cash offers and I considered them all..... THANK YOU. However some of the emails I found to be a little s#itty look this what it is & yes I know it's "not a perfect coverless copy as I was reminded by one offer" yes I also" wish it had the cover" and yes " I understand that it may sell for less then you offers at auction" That being said I might just sock it away another decade or maybe its off to Heritage and it lands where it lands. I seriously leaning on just keep it. I sincerely can't say thank you enough to all of you on the boards for the positive input and for the cool posts ( the one meme is classic). In the end this is Detective #27 and that's all that needs to be said.              Have a safe and Happy Holiday. Frank

It was always an auction book vs boards book in my mind. Good luck with whatever you do with it. These books are pure comics history….

I was excited to see this book posted here. And anyone complaining about what its not (no cover), should probably stop and appreciate what it is. 

It's pretty rare that you see a Tec27 outside of an auction house and it's exciting that a seller is even entertaining partial trades on such an incredible book.  It creates exciting possibilities for someone. 

On 12/9/2021 at 9:20 PM, KCOComics said:

I was excited to see this book posted here. And anyone complaining about what its not (no cover), should probably stop and appreciate what it is. 

It's pretty rare that you see a Tec27 outside of an auction house and it's exciting that a seller is even entertaining partial trades on such an incredible book.  It creates exciting possibilities for someone. 

Thank you!