• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Indiana Comic Book Show May 14th, 2022

69 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, WeR138 said:

Just got back home from this and had a blast!

So enjoyable to go to a comic convention that's about the comics.

BIG thanks to @fastballspecial for working so hard to put this together. Hope all the dealers made a ton of money from this one.

@F For Fake I saw you in your Dr. Phibes shirt, but you were digging in the the Comics Unlimited dollar boxes and I didn't get a chance to say hi. CU sold a TON of dollar books!

Shout out to Burg Comics!  A helpful, friendly guy with a great selection of affordable books! 

you should have came by and say hello, I would have given you the boardie discount :baiting:

On 5/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, Azkaban said:

you should have came by and say hello, I would have given you the boardie discount :baiting:

I thought I had made it to all the booths.  That was a lot of dealers though, I must have missed you and not realized it.  :foryou:

On 5/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, fastballspecial said:

I had no idea how busy we would be. It started at 9:30 AM and didn't stop or lull till like 3PM. All posts some pics later, but I wish I could figure out how many people were there. I think I met at least 3 boardies maybe for 4. It was so busy I am exhausted and I am going to see Dr Strange to relax. 

I have the absolute utmost respect for anyone who plans shows like this now. This was 6 months of work every night after my normal job. I am asking dealers now for their feedback on the private facebook for how I can proceed and what we can improve on. A couple of dealers even told me they learned a lot about what to do and not do during this show. 

Congrats on what looks like a very successful show.  

279672851_1016624795643806_8302225620299598422_n.jpg

The Steranko Hulk caught my eye, then I wondered about the one leg who set up. Were prices high for this table? Is he hoping to take someone for an arm & a leg to complete his set?

if anyone recognizes this leg as belonging to a boardie, PM me please the condition and price of the hulk annual!

On 5/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, Bird said:

279672851_1016624795643806_8302225620299598422_n.jpg

The Steranko Hulk caught my eye, then I wondered about the one leg who set up. Were prices high for this table? Is he hoping to take someone for an arm & a leg to complete his set?

if anyone recognizes this leg as belonging to a boardie, PM me please the condition and price of the hulk annual!

2287CF67-7894-4BDC-81C4-CEC4397E5607.jpeg.1d63296b07dcfb2e09e6d6b66001d4aa.jpeg

On 5/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, jsilverjanet said:

How many total people

I am going to give a rough estimate of 300 to 400 and think
it was on the lower end. 

In one hour I know I saw around 100 people between me and another dealer
around the first hour. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 5/15/2022 at 9:02 AM, Bird said:
On 5/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, jsilverjanet said:

How many total people

And did sellers do well?

Of the ones that will tell me they did very well. 
One dealer I know for a fact sold over $5k+ of books
and maybe higher because I didn't ask him I just know
which books they sold.

On 5/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, WeR138 said:

BIG thanks to @fastballspecial for working so hard to put this together. Hope all the dealers made a ton of money from this one.

@F For Fake I saw you in your Dr. Phibes shirt, but you were digging in the the Comics Unlimited dollar boxes and I didn't get a chance to say hi. CU sold a TON of dollar books!

Shout out to Burg Comics!  A helpful, friendly guy with a great selection of affordable books! 

Talked to Burgs Comics at end of the show and he told he did very well. 
I didnt have time to go and look thru his books though. 

Some of these pics show you when we were either during setup or busy.
I honestly couldn't break away to take pictures when we were busy so most of 
mine were later in the day. Daughter and friend had fun setting up rolling around 
on the carts afterwards.

20220514_092548.jpg

20220514_092553.jpg

imagejpeg_0(5).jpg

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg

imagejpeg_0(7).jpg

20220513_180738.jpg

Edited by fastballspecial

On 5/14/2022 at 5:40 PM, WeR138 said:

Hey @WeR138next time definitely say hi, I promise I'm generally pleasant when I need to be!

This was a fun show, thanks @fastballspecialfor setting it up. I'd definitely make the trip. It was great to meet FBS, @Azkaban and @Mike Bray! I didn't have much money this weekend, so I tried to at least pick up a couple of things from all of the boardies. I was sticking with the cheap stuff, and found some cool things. I'll post some faves over in CG.

Fastball keep us informed, if it happens next year, I'll be back! 

On 5/14/2022 at 10:39 PM, Azkaban said:

@Azkaban's boardie discount was very generous, and he had some beautiful stuff. (worship) Az, if you set up again soon within a couple hours of Louisville, let me know, and I'll try to bring some real money next time. Still kicking myself for not taking that whole box of Heavy Metals with me! Good talking to you!

On 5/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, F For Fake said:

@Azkaban's boardie discount was very generous, and he had some beautiful stuff. (worship) Az, if you set up again soon within a couple hours of Louisville, let me know, and I'll try to bring some real money next time. Still kicking myself for not taking that whole box of Heavy Metals with me! Good talking to you!

well since you mentioned it I will be setting up at this show

MAY 28 AT 10 AM – MAY 29 AT 4 PM

Bowling Green Comic and Anime Show

350 Corvette Dr, Bowling Green, KY 42101-9134, United States