• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I admit, I bought it with the intention of flipping it...
3 3

75 posts in this topic

I remember missing out on Spawn, I came in around issue 10, and getting a issue 1 was out of the question, was around 40 bucks at that time, then Violator exploded so getting anything under issue 10 was extremely hard. No local copies anywhere

Man, I remember thinking it was ridiculous when these hit $100 in 9.8. Seeing them creep up over $200 gives me that weird mix of "what on earth is going on?" and "wait, should I get one???" fomo.

When I worked at the comic shop in the late 90's, every collection that came into the shop had copies of Spawn 1. We'd pay 10 cents a piece for them, and sell them for $10. Spawn had already cooled quite a bit, but you could always get ten bucks out of them. I think this is the reason why I just can't make myself pay more than a couple of bucks for a copy. I've just seen too many of them, and bought too many of them, to ever believe that they're worth anything, even if the evidence is mounting!

On 2/10/2022 at 8:07 AM, F For Fake said:

Man, I remember thinking it was ridiculous when these hit $100 in 9.8. Seeing them creep up over $200 gives me that weird mix of "what on earth is going on?" and "wait, should I get one???" fomo.

When I worked at the comic shop in the late 90's, every collection that came into the shop had copies of Spawn 1. We'd pay 10 cents a piece for them, and sell them for $10. Spawn had already cooled quite a bit, but you could always get ten bucks out of them. I think this is the reason why I just can't make myself pay more than a couple of bucks for a copy. I've just seen too many of them, and bought too many of them, to ever believe that they're worth anything, even if the evidence is mounting!

Had sent mine in for a lark, along with 9, 10, 141, 165 and 185

The 1 came back 9.8 surprisingly but I got hammered on the rest, especially 10

On 2/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, F For Fake said:

I’m going to grab a newsstand copy sooner than later.....