• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 316 First time user (be gentle)
3 3

18 posts in this topic

First time user of this forum.  Recently realized that my years of moving around my comics from home to home because I just couldn't part with them may have been worth it after all (please tell my wife).  

Going through some of my collection last night I came across this book which seems to have quite a value in high grades.  It has superb eye appeal, but I am concerned with the off white looking pages.  Maybe there is something else I am missing as well, but overall I think it looks great compared to many books in my collection.  

Interested in hearing your thoughts.  I'm sure this won't be my last question about different comics in here.  

image0.thumb.jpeg.d6ecad1d05a99a508ef82148a286a3db.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.0d625a83fc32120a48e8010264ea4cfe.jpegimage3.thumb.jpeg.c9da6dd1face27a806b83f2cc1bce5eb.jpegimage4.thumb.jpeg.0b4d29cb8f663a83484d3f3b62621091.jpegimage7.thumb.jpeg.8cf225f3dd96674984de4652e5e8fe89.jpeg

On 12/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, Funnybooks said:

Welcome to the forum and this thread

at least 9.4
my concerns are on the spine especially by the lower staple.

Press should get you to 9.6

Thanks all!  I didn't even notice that little wrinkle around the staple.  Seems like it would be worth my money to get it pressed and graded.  On average, how much does off-white pages on a grade affect a selling price?  The pages certainly aren't white so I am assuming it will say White to Off white at most and possibly just off white.  

On 12/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, Funnybooks said:

Depends on the buyer. Minimal to no affect affect on grade if OW/W. There is no formula. Think of it this way, White pages may get you a slight premium but the "market" price is the OW/W page copies.

Oh, that's good to know.  Now I need to plow through my Conan collection.  I have every appearance of Conan prior to 2004 other than I think he was in one issue of The Avengers for some reason in the 70's or 80's.  I used to have a list of all of his appearances.  Anyways, I have some nice books in there I have to check!  Thanks again!

Always difficult to pinpoint higher grades from pics but based on what i see you have a nice 9.4 and firm plausible 9.6 with a press.

If you get a 9.6 IMHO put it away, future you may be glad you did. It's one of the few hot books from earlier this year that has not lost very much of it's gains. It may have long lasting legs and be considered a classic cover as time goes on, if not already.......?

It's probably my Favorite TM ASM cover!

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, MAR1979 said:

Always difficult to pinpoint higher grades from pics but based on what i see you have a nice 9.4 and firm plausible 9.6 with a press.

If you get a 9.6 IMHO put it away, future you may be glad you did. It's one of the few hot books from earlier this year that has not lost very much of it's gains. It may have long lasting legs and be considered a classic cover as time goes on, if not already.......?

It's probably my Favorite TM ASM cover!

Funny you say this.  The time of me being glad I put it away are here for me now.  I need to downsize things that I have accumulated over these many years.  I have always loved my collection, but it is time for others to enjoy them, I think.  :)