• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare are modern newsstand editions?
6 6

552 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 9:39 PM, Microchip said:

Another quality contributor hounded out.  And we're left with reprobates @Lazyboyand @greggy to thank for that.

Talk about the pot and kettle lol

@valiantman is still here and more than able to pull the slack your mentor was towing

Still have more respect for someone who actually contributes than someone who allows others to dictate whether they collect or not 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:15 PM, Warlord said:

I added one person to my Ignore list during the conversation, that helped improve my enjoyment of the thread!  The Ignore feature is your friend!

I liked this post knowing full well I could very well be the one ignored lol

On 2/7/2022 at 8:07 PM, Microchip said:

Let me make something so crystal clear to you, that you cannot confuse anything I say from here on

I have CPTSD. I am so very much aware of my surroundings, its unerving. I can't tolerate places that trigger me, and they don't have to be physical places. For instance, being on social media is a large No for me.

Hell, even watching the news lately is hard going

The thing to take away from this is understanding that I KNOW there is something different, wrong, with me.

I've been watching these forums and this thread for a long time. I came in with an accusatory tone, which I didn't intend, then bowed out.

Paqart blantently blames others for them not wanting to or unable to listen to him

Hence why Valiantman will always have some respect from me. He may have bitten my head off, but nobody dictates to him what he should do. He presents things as he sees them

You tagging me with that is supposed to support, what exactly?

You are all aboard acknowledging that I should be ignored, yet you yourself don't do it.

Tiny, petty and immature 

Oh and for the record I haven't hit the button in this thread to my recollection. 

In fact, Microchip, you who I don't like much at all, I don't think I've ever reported you

On 2/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, The Meta said:

Let me make something so crystal clear to you, that you cannot confuse anything I say from here on

I have CPTSD. I am so very much aware of my surroundings, its unerving. I can't tolerate places that trigger me, and they don't have to be physical places. For instance, being on social media is a large No for me.

The thing to take away from this is understanding that I KNOW there is something different, wrong, with me.

I've been watching these forums and this thread for a long time. I came in with an accusatory tone, which I didn't intend, then bowed out.

Paqart blantently blames others for them not wanting to or unable to listen to him

Hence why Valiantman will always have some respect from me. He may have bitten my head off, but nobody dictates to him what he should do. He presents things as he sees them

You tagging me with that is supposed to support, what exactly?

You are all aboard acknowledging that I should be ignored, yet you yourself don't do it.

Tiny, petty and immature 

Oh and for the record I haven't hit the button in this thread to my recollection. 

In fact, Microchip, you who I don't like much at all, I don't think I've ever reported you

Sorry, I was more replying to Valiantman's remark.   Something on your chest you need to get off?

On 2/7/2022 at 9:23 PM, The Meta said:

For whatever it's worth, I want to apologize to @The Meta if my frustration and board posts (back around page 13 or so) went further than I intended them.

Generally speaking, I see the discussions and debates on this board something like an American football game where sometimes it's a blowout and the fans leave early (quick conversations that end within a page or two), and other times, it's a good, long game of back-and-forth where each side takes the lead for a bit. The discussions here can get heated, but just like a football game, the players intended to take a few hits when they jumped in. When you arrived into this discussion, it was like you had come into the game just to deliver a late hit and get a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.  In reality, you were probably more like a fan on the sidelines yelling down to the players on the field, not expecting to receive any player retaliation.

Anyway, despite the poor metaphor, I apologize for whatever additional harm may have been associated with your CPTSD. :foryou:

On 2/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, valiantman said:

For whatever it's worth, I want to apologize to @The Meta if my frustration and board posts (back around page 13 or so) went further than I intended them.

Generally speaking, I see the discussions and debates on this board something like an American football game where sometimes it's a blowout and the fans leave early (quick conversations that end within a page or two), and other times, it's a good, long game of back-and-forth where each side takes the lead for a bit. The discussions here can get heated, but just like a football game, the players intended to take a few hits when they jumped in. When you arrived into this discussion, it was like you had come into the game just to deliver a late hit and get a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.  In reality, you were probably more like a fan on the sidelines yelling down to the players on the field, not expecting to receive any player retaliation.

Anyway, despite the poor metaphor, I apologize for whatever additional harm may have been associated with your CPTSD. :foryou:

You have an idea of how much I appreciate this :), by reason being I still respect you  

I apologize for calling you a Richard, but it seemed apt at the time lol

I am also glad you reflected on the fact I wasn't telegraphing playing a victim. When I stated, I hear that a lot, its amazingly common for people to jump straight to that. I am VERY used to it now, but its extremely rare for someone to acknowledge their presence and how it effects others.

Very happy to have you gain that respect back

Hope we've both learned that you enjoy the cut and thrust of debate while I tend to shy away when I know I'm over my head lol

I am really glad we sorted this, like I've said before, I greatly admire your knowledge and your vast collection. You bring much to the boards, and it was never my intention to disrespect you

On 2/18/2022 at 8:26 AM, ThothAmon said:

This one must be rare. Chuck’s doesn’t even have it!  Trust the science  

19C77641-C5B9-4456-AE7F-4FD0F7A24BFD.jpeg

Mile High is missing a lot of newsstands. If you take a look at their online catalog, you'll see that after 2000, they are missing significant numbers of just about everything in newsstand. Last time I looked, they were missing 84 of the last hundred issues of ASM V2 (#600-700) in newsstand. That means I have more of these than are listed by MH, including all but one of the 16 listed there. For high print run titles, it's interesting that the largest comic book store in the US, owned by one of the first people to draw attention to newsstands, is missing so much. 

Edited by paqart

On 2/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, paqart said:

Mile High is missing a lot of newsstands. If you take a look at their online catalog, you'll see that after 2000, they are missing significant numbers of just about everything in newsstand. Last time I looked, they were missing 84 of the last hundred issues of ASM V2 (#600-700) in newsstand. That means I have more of these than are listed by MH, including all but one of the 16 listed there. For high print run titles, it's interesting that the largest comic book store in the US, owned by one of the first people to draw attention to newsstands, is missing so much. 

Ol' Chuckles there drew attention to jack up prices

Greed, good Ol American standby