• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,598 posts in this topic

So I'm rereading the 1999 Hourman series by Tim Peyer and Rags Morales (I think he stuck around for the whole series, not 100% on that). Sprite has an ad of a 600ml Sprite bottle, outlined by scissor cutlines, telling you to cut this out and put this in the hand of your favourite current winged DC superhero. They joke about it being cheaper than having to pay to get the characters actually holding it on the page, so why not do it yourself? 

Funny thing is, this is 1999. At the time of writing, there aren't many winger characters. Hawkman is still MIA for a few years, Hawkgirl is yet to appear I think, as she's later 1999. You've got Zauriel, and maybe Dawnstar, if a Legion book is even being published? Am I missing anyone? 

I just got up to issue 6 and noticed they changed it to "your favourite crazy radioactive monster." Well that gives you a lot of options. 

Fun ad campaign, done by someone who hadn't read a comic for what, 10 years? 

On 9/5/2024 at 6:26 PM, grendel013 said:

I think this meme applies here as well...

boromir-gift.gif