• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,622 posts in this topic

I'm shocked and appalled. I'm reading Deadpool Team-Up #1, written and drawn by Rob Liefeld (I'm only a couple of pages in, and the art's been just fine, surprisingly fine considering). A dragon tells Deadpool he'll be digested over a millennium, and Deadpool quips to it (paraphrasing) that "what do you think you are, some kind of Rancor". It was the Sarlaac that digested you slowly over a thousand years, not the Rancor.

Boy, I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder. 

On 9/15/2024 at 1:53 PM, Cat said:

I'm shocked and appalled. I'm reading Deadpool Team-Up #1, written and drawn by Rob Liefeld (I'm only a couple of pages in, and the art's been just fine, surprisingly fine considering). A dragon tells Deadpool he'll be digested over a millennium, and Deadpool quips to it (paraphrasing) that "what do you think you are, some kind of Rancor". It was the Sarlaac that digested you slowly over a thousand years, not the Rancor.

Boy, I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder. 

Rancor does sound funnier though. :roflmao:Is Deadpool perhaps a casual Star Wars fan? It would be funny too if the dragon corrected him...

On 9/16/2024 at 6:00 AM, grendel013 said:

Rancor does sound funnier though. :roflmao:Is Deadpool perhaps a casual Star Wars fan? It would be funny too if the dragon corrected him...

That's what I was hoping for, but nope, no correction. 

It is said that Old Baldy was wounded anywhere from five to 14 times during the war, starting at the First Battle of Bull Run, where he was struck in the nose by a piece of an artillery shell.

The horse was wounded in the right hind leg at the Second Battle of Bull Run, and at Antietam, he was wounded through the neck and left for dead on the field. He survived and was treated. At Gettysburg, on July 2, 1863, Baldy was hit by a bullet that entered his stomach after passing through Meade's right trouser leg. He staggered and refused to move forward, defying all of Meade's directions. Meade commented, "Baldy is done for this time. This is the first time he has refused to go forward under fire."[citation needed] Baldy was sent to the rear for recuperation. In 1864, having returned to duty for the Overland Campaign and the Siege of Petersburg, he was struck in the ribs by a shell at the Weldon Railroad, and Meade decided that Old Baldy should be retired.

Old Baldy lived to be 30

. He was euthanized on December 16, 1882, at the age of 30, when he became too feeble to stand. On Christmas Day of that year, two Union Army veterans (Albert C. Johnston and H.W.B. Harvey) disinterred Baldy's remains and decapitated him, sending the head to a taxidermist.

Picture of

Old Baldy was exceptionally cool in battle, reliable and virtually oblivious to the noise of a battle. A pair of Philadelphia-based museums fought in the courts for years over ownership of the mounted head of Old Baldy. In March, 2005, a court decision will allow the horse to stay in the Mead Room as a loan from the Grand Army of the Republic Museum and Library.

Picture of