• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, drotto said:

She is not A-list because Feige says she is, only fans determine that.  Until she has the metrics to prove it saying it does not make it so.  One movie does not make her A-list.  A long and sustained basis of popularity could.

Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is totally A-list and not because hordes of middle aged male comic book readers can't get enough of her comics and clamored for more Carol Danvers. She is A-list because Disney/Marvel finally realized that they don't have their own Wonder Woman and finally decided in 2012 to fulfill 1977 Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel's original purpose to be Marvel's Wonder Woman.

Since 2012, Marvel Comics has placed Carol Danvers front and center in every major event storyline and had her co-star along with Tony Stark in the unfortunate Civil War II which apparently made some fans dislike Carol Danvers. But fan reception to CWII didn't matter. Disney/Marvel still wants Carol Danvers to be their Wonder Woman and they will not be denied.

Since 2012, Captain Marvel has been the longest running major solo female super-hero with her own title from Marvel Comics. Ms. Marvel is the only character who comes close. And Captain Marvel in the comics is now consistently front and center in all Avengers storylines and appearances. In new Avengers tie-in marketing, Captain Marvel is now appearing at the head of the table.

I don't need to say that Captain Marvel is the only solo female super-hero film in the MCU now and in the foreseeable future.

Kevin Feige has stated that Captain Marvel will take the lead and be at the forefront of the entire MCU.

Direct Sales shipments to comic book shops and the opinions of middle aged hardcore comics readers means nothing. Captain Marvel is now an A-lister in the Marvel Universe because Marvel wants her there.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

4 hours ago, drotto said:

I find it impossible to believe he is not well aware of what he is doing by constantly inserting hot button topics into the conversation.  Such tactics only serve one of two purposes.

1. Shutting down conversation because people become afraid to counter such arguments, because they do not want to look like what they are being accused of.

2. Looking for someone to come back at him, and in the process they "slip up."  When he perceives them as making a mistake, it now confirms, in his mind, they are indeed toxic fans. He can now claim he was right all along. It is a game of gotcha.

If either of these happens, he wins the debate without having to truly defend his positions. 

He said as much on the previous page...

32 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is totally A-list and not because hordes of middle aged male comic book readers can't get enough of her comics and clamored for more Carol Danvers. She is A-list because Disney/Marvel finally realized that they don't have their own Wonder Woman and finally decided in 2012 to fulfill 1977 Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel's original purpose to be Marvel's Wonder Woman.

Since 2012, Marvel Comics has placed Carol Danvers front and center in every major event storyline and had her co-star along with Tony Stark in the unfortunate Civil War II which apparently made some fans dislike Carol Danvers. But fan reception to CWII didn't matter. Disney/Marvel still wants Carol Danvers to be their Wonder Woman and they will not be denied.

Since 2012, Captain Marvel has been the longest running major solo female super-hero with her own title from Marvel Comics. Ms. Marvel is the only character who comes close. And Captain Marvel in the comics is now consistently front and center in all Avengers storylines and appearances. In new Avengers tie-in marketing, Captain Marvel is now appearing at the head of the table.

I don't need to say that Captain Marvel is the only solo female super-hero film in the MCU now and in the foreseeable future.

Kevin Feige has stated that Captain Marvel will take the lead and be at the forefront of the entire MCU.

Direct Sales shipments to comic book shops and the opinions of middle aged hardcore comics readers means nothing. Captain Marvel is now an A-lister in the Marvel Universe because Marvel wants her there.

But she's not solo anymore.  

4 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

But she's not solo anymore.  

Yes, The Marvels will feature Captain Marvel teamed with her new friend Ms. Marvel but it's still going to be Captain Marvel's movie. "Batman and Robin" is a team-up movie of Batman and his new friend Robin as well and the title says as much, but it's still a solo Batman movie. If you don't buy that then you'll just have to wait for the film to finally arrive in theaters and you can see (or be told by others) what I'm talking about.

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Are you a stand-up comedian? Is this part of your new gig?

2 hours ago, drotto said:

But it was still named Thor: Ragnorock, and the next is Thor: Love and Thunder.

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

You're forgetting that Feige is, in some eyes, a "genius" and how can a "genius" be wrong?    :roflmao:

I see we are back to 'tiger blood' debates again

winning.gif.aba41aee8e837457ec68d9164f54fee5.gif

48 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, The Marvels will feature Captain Marvel teamed with her new friend Ms. Marvel but it's still going to be Captain Marvel's movie. "Batman and Robin" is a team-up movie of Batman and his new friend Robin as well and the title says as much, but it's still a solo Batman movie. If you don't buy that then you'll just have to wait for the film to finally arrive in theaters and you can see (or be told by others) what I'm talking about.

A2976825-A37C-488F-B6B5-3EC7515BCCFB.gif.3dc51b2ea98c98385aba759521f2167f.gif

18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I can't stand the Verizon commercial guy. Ugh. Didn't he turn out to be some another sexual harassment actor or something?

He was the main character in Silicon Valley. Not aware of him being a sexual harasser, but I do know he’s a swinger (believes in open relationships). All consensual though... Again, maybe I missed a headline though...

14 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

He was the main character in Silicon Valley. Not aware of him being a sexual harasser, but I do know he’s a swinger (believes in open relationships). All consensual though... Again, maybe I missed a headline though...

I love how everything is about the actor and nothing to do with their performance.

26 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I don’t follow...

I loved that show, to include how he played Richard...

Not your fault. Someone wanting to distract from the conversation.

23 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The person you replied to is always looking to judge the actor rather than their performance.

bingo.gif.117865f670d81fdc35d18347d0a9aae5.gif

16 minutes ago, Muno42 said:

There is a difference between a company propping up a character into a higher status for marketing reasons and the character reaching A-List status. 

Someone would have to be delusional to think that Captain Marvel is on the same list as Spider-Man and Wolverine.