• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I didn’t directly say they were here and I don’t believe I’m acting like they are, either. I was however directly referring to crazy Snyder Cut fans and general trolls in the world who take their fandom so seriously that they cross lines of common human decency and who I did not say are here.

You mean much like toxic fans of any and every franchise? Just like the MCU fandom has?

Edited by Angel of Death

30 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

You mean much like toxic fans of any and every franchise? Just like the MCU fandom has?

Talk about turning a blind eye when MCU fans were attacking Wyatt Russell on his social media account and Silver thought it was cute because they were reacting to his character.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:26 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

This is actually kinda cute and proof that Wyatt Russell is doing his job to be the most hated man in the MCU. It also utterly pales in comparison to the ugliness and disgust of the racist mysoginist trolls who attacked Leslie Jones and Kelly Marie Tran and tried (key word "tried") to sink Captain Marvel's ship at Rotten Tomatoes before her ship left port.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

For those worried about those Star Wars or 'Snyderbros' bothering studios or actors about a given production I present to you Wyatt Russell's Instagram page.

Wyatt_Russell.thumb.jpg.cd07257651a21dd6012a0414af0367a7.jpg

Go fans! :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Talk about turning a blind eye when MCU fans were attacking Wyatt Russell on his social media account and Silver thought it was cute because they were reacting to his character.

:facepalm:

Anything that MCU fans do pales in comparison to the toxicity of other fanbases!

It's almost like everyone forgot about critics who received death threats for rating The Avengers negatively...

Seriously, there are both types of extremists for every franchise. I think we can decipher who is what when they point to one fandom's extremism as 'common' and their own as "cute".

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Anything that MCU fans do pales in comparison to the toxicity of other fanbases!

It's almost like everyone forgot about critics who received death threats for rating The Avengers negatively...

Seriously, there are both types of extremists for every franchise. I think we can decipher who is what when they point to one fandom's extremism as 'common' and their own as "cute".

It's selective sensitivity based on what an individual likes and dislikes. Plain and simple.

If what an individual dislikes has supporters, they must be toxic. If they dislike what an individual appreciates, then they must be toxic. That's some troubling logic. But it happened someplace else. So it's okay to champion defending against such actions here.

crazy2.gif.3c7aa8283dd75c80546999cec57b0562.gif

10 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I didn’t directly say they were here and I don’t believe I’m acting like they are, either. I was however directly referring to crazy Snyder Cut fans and general trolls in the world who take their fandom so seriously that they cross lines of common human decency and who I did not say are here.

I think you need to take a hard look at yourself.

You have directly accused fellow forumites of being racists and misogynists. Why do you think you have had post pulled and mod action taken? Because you have not attempted to troll others? Reality may come at you one day soon. Don't be shocked when it does.

crazy2.gif.4572d828c4c57c3cc5df1025cdb133fb.gif

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:Anything that MCU fans do pales in comparison to the toxicity of other fanbases!

It’s as petty as Apple vs Android and Xbox vs PS. Grown men acting like children because the internet gave them a platform. I have trashed both DC and Marvel movies here because I don’t have blind brand allegiance. I love comic book movies, starting with Superman 1 in the theater to Blade to Batman to Iron Man. 

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

It’s as petty as Apple vs Android and Xbox vs PS. Grown men acting like children because the internet gave them a platform. I have trashed both DC and Marvel movies here because I don’t have blind brand allegiance. I love comic book movies, starting with Superman 1 in the theater to Blade to Batman to Iron Man. 

XBox is inferior, though.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

So about that The Marvels movie...

(:

Honestly, I would have preferred the spotlight on just Captain Marvel with a focus on her story (a better story I mean) under new direction. The origin is out of the way now so let’s get right into the heavy stuff. Marvels sounds like it should be a Disney+ TV series and not a movie.

52 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Honestly, I would have preferred the spotlight on just Captain Marvel with a focus on her story (a better story I mean) under new direction. The origin is out of the way now so let’s get right into the heavy stuff. Marvels sounds like it should be a Disney+ TV series and not a movie.

I do get concerned with as many characters as Marvel Studios wants to get out there, it can potentially sacrifice the individual focus on a given character for the sake of a larger representation.

Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:
11 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Edited 1 hour ago by Angel of Death

For the record (I guess we're keeping records now), I am fully aware of the toxicity in MCU fandom, as well. One need only take a short stroll through some of the MCU fan groups on Facebook or some other place to see that. And I think it's equally gross that any fans or people with an other agenda (because this is, in part, a culture war) start crossing lines of decency or privacy whether it's Star Wars or any other movie franchise.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I think you need to take a hard look at yourself.

You have directly accused fellow forumites of being racists and misogynists. Why do you think you have had post pulled and mod action taken? Because you have not attempted to troll others? Reality may come at you one day soon. Don't be shocked when it does.

crazy2.gif.4572d828c4c57c3cc5df1025cdb133fb.gif

I find it impossible to believe he is not well aware of what he is doing by constantly inserting hot button topics into the conversation.  Such tactics only serve one of two purposes.

1. Shutting down conversation because people become afraid to counter such arguments, because they do not want to look like what they are being accused of.

2. Looking for someone to come back at him, and in the process they "slip up."  When he perceives them as making a mistake, it now confirms, in his mind, they are indeed toxic fans. He can now claim he was right all along. It is a game of gotcha.

If either of these happens, he wins the debate without having to truly defend his positions. 

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
1 hour ago, Oddball said:

I do get concerned with as many characters as Marvel Studios wants to get out there, it can potentially sacrifice the individual focus on a given character for the sake of a larger representation.

Time will tell.

You guys do realize that even though Captain Marvel's sequel title speaks to there being more than one character featured in the movie, that ALL the MCU Phase Four films will be team-up films, right?

Black Widow will be a team-up of Natasha, Yelena the new Black Widow, Red Guardian, and the Iron Maiden/older Black Widow character. Multiverse of Madness will be a team-up of Strange, Wanda Maximoff, Wong, Jerico Drumm, and Clea. No Way Home will be a team-up allegedly of Spider-Mans from all three different franchises. Love and Thunder will be a team-up of Thor, Jane Foster Thor, Valkyrie, and allegedly Hercules. And The Marvels will be a team-up of Carol Danvers, Kamala Khan, Monica Rambeau, and maybe even Blue Marvel (but I doubt it, this film will be about the women).

Even the two Disney+ shows we just had were team-up adventures. WandaVision teamed up Wanda, Vision, and Monica Rambeau. FWS teamed up Sam Wilson, Bucky, John Walker, Lamar Hoskins, Zemo, and Isaiah Bradley.

Everything in the MCU is a team-up now. It basically has been ever since Iron Man 2 with a few exceptions.

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

For the record (I guess we're keeping records now), I am fully aware of the toxicity in MCU fandom, as well. One need only take a short stroll through some of the MCU fan groups on Facebook or some other place to see that. And I think it's equally gross that any fans or people with an other agenda (because this is, in part, a culture war) start crossing lines of decency or privacy whether it's Star Wars or any other movie franchise.

But you clearly have an agenda, that seems to extend beyond discussing these movies objectively.  You are the one constantly injecting certain topics into the conversation, and seem to be proudly picking sides in the culture war. You are clearly labeling people who do not agree with you as toxic.

Edited by drotto

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Interesting that you chose this syntax... hm

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You guys do realize that even though Captain Marvel's sequel title speaks to there being more than one character featured in the movie, that ALL the MCU Phase Four films will be team-up films, right?

Black Widow will be a team-up of Natasha, Yelena the new Black Widow, Red Guardian, and the Iron Maiden/older Black Widow character. Multiverse of Madness will be a team-up of Strange, Wanda Maximoff, Wong, Jerico Drumm, and Clea. No Way Home will be a team-up allegedly of Spider-Mans from all three different franchises. Love and Thunder will be a team-up of Thor, Jane Foster Thor, Valkyrie, and allegedly Hercules. And The Marvels will be a team-up of Carol Danvers, Kamala Khan, Monica Rambeau, and maybe even Blue Marvel (but I doubt it, this film will be about the women).

Even the two Disney+ shows we just had were team-up adventures. WandaVision teamed up Wanda, Vision, and Monica Rambeau. FWS teamed up Sam Wilson, Bucky, John Walker, Lamar Hoskins, Zemo, and Isaiah Bradley.

Everything in the MCU is a team-up now. It basically has been ever since Iron Man 2 with a few exceptions.

But it is only her movie where top billing was taken away.  Spider-man is not the Spiders. Captain America 4 is not the Captains. Thor is not the Thors. 

Edited by drotto