• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

The sequel to 2019’s Captain Marvel could well be shooting in the UK next year. After being tipped off that the studio had registered a production company in the UK, Murphy’s Multiverse was able to independently confirm that Marvel Studios had indeed done so, indicating that the studio has plans to at least shoot part of the film in the UK and/or Europe.

The film, which will be directed by Nia DaCosta and based off a -script from Megan McDonnell, is expected to tie into the Marvel Comics Secret Invasion event that saw the Skrull Empire attempt a hostile take over of Earth and revealed that Skrull sleeper cells had been on Earth in positions of power and in place of Earth’s mightiest heroes for some time. Marvel Studios is also developing a Secret Invasion project would could serve as a companion piece as a streaming series on Disney Plus or, perhaps, be its own event film.

Captain Marvel filmed in California, under the California Film Commission’s Tax Credit Program, and in New Orleans with a post-credit scene being filmed in Atlanta. Captain Marvel 2 is set to debut in theaters on July 8, 2022 and should go into production late next Spring or early next Summer.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The film, which will be directed by Nia DaCosta and based off a --script from Megan McDonnell, is expected to tie into the Marvel Comics Secret Invasion event that saw the Skrull Empire attempt a hostile take over of Earth and revealed that Skrull sleeper cells had been on Earth in positions of power and in place of Earth’s mightiest heroes for some time. Marvel Studios is also developing a Secret Invasion project would could serve as a companion piece as a streaming series on Disney Plus or, perhaps, be its own event film.

Everybody keeps saying Secret Invasion with bad Skrulls. Maybe it'll be something like that, but Captain Marvel and Spider-Man FFH have established the Skrulls as good guys in the MCU. The current Marvel Comics event series Empyre also has them as good guys. Know-it-alls everywhere can't seem to get it that Skrulls are no longer the bad guys.

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Everybody keeps saying Secret Invasion with bad Skrulls. Maybe it'll be something like that, but Captain Marvel and Spider-Man FFH have established the Skrulls as good guys in the MCU. The current Marvel Comics event series Empyre also has them as good guys. Know-it-alls everywhere can't seem to get it that Skrulls are no longer the bad guys.

I think we need to consider the impact of the Kree/Skrull War. So in the 90's, you have the Kree propagating that the Skrulls are "bad", and they seemed to be working with Ronan the Accuser (an extremist) for at least 20 years - as it seemed they (Kree Empire) were only recently denouncing his actions when we saw him in GotG.

Factor in that CM is from Earth and the Skrulls might think Humans are working with the Kree extremists. The ones unfamiliar with Danvers, of course. Talos mentioned that they're scattered across the galaxy.

There some semblance of a potentially logical story thread there.

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think we need to consider the impact of the Kree/Skrull War. So in the 90's, you have the Kree propagating that the Skrulls are "bad", and they seemed to be working with Ronan the Accuser (an extremist) for at least 20 years - as it seemed they (Kree Empire) were only recently denouncing his actions when we saw him in GotG.

Factor in that CM is from Earth and the Skrulls might think Humans are working with the Kree extremists. The ones unfamiliar with Danvers, of course. Talos mentioned that they're scattered across the galaxy.

There some semblance of a potentially logical story thread there.

It doesn't make any sense to me to set up the Skrulls as bad guys in Captain Marvel, then plot twist that they're good guys and continue to show them as good guys in Far From Home, only to twist back again that they're bad guys. I think Kevin Feige is establishing the MCU Skrulls as allies of Earth, and if there's going to be an alien invasion of our planet, it will be another alien species. The Brood, maybe?

I'm still betting on Korvac Saga anyway...

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It doesn't make any sense to me to set up the Skrulls as bad guys in Captain Marvel, then plot twist that they're good guys and continue to show them as good guys in Far From Home, only to twist back again that they're bad guys. I think Kevin Feige is establishing the MCU Skrulls as allies of Earth, and if there's going to be an alien invasion of our planet, it will be another alien species. The Brood, maybe?

I'm still betting on Korvac Saga anyway...

As we see throughout the MCU, there are both "good" (Iron Man) and "bad" (Ten Rings) Humans.

The same concept can be easily applied to other races (as it is with the Kree in GotG). 2c

21 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Either way a good jump in point for the FF - although probably too soon to be coming down the pike ... wondering how long we wait until ANOTHER x-men revamp 

I believe the rumor is that Ant-Man and the Wasp sequel may be the MCU entry point for the Fantastic Four. Makes sense to me. One of the earliest Silver Age Marvel Comics crossovers happened to be with Ant-Man in a 1963 issue of Fantastic Four where the Quantum Realm was also introduced.

The Mutants takeover of the MCU should thankfully be a long way off. It would be unwise for Marvel to open its presents all at once.

"Brie Larson returns as Carol Danvers in Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel 2, directed by Nia DaCosta. Joining the cast are recently announced Ms. Marvel, Iman Vellani, and Monica Rambeau played by WandaVision's Teyonah Parris.
Captain Marvel 2 flies into theaters Nov. 11, 2022"

CM2.thumb.jpg.7f87d0f6d77265e30f709576c5bbed10.jpg

In the last two parts of a documentary about wrestling superstar Tegan Nox's comeback from depression and devastating knee injuries, Nox talks about how the Captain Marvel movie inspired her comeback after surgery and is the reason she adopted Captain Marvel for her post-comeback look.

40 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Regardless who she is playing it's safe to say the threat isn't up to par against a character that they have tried to justify being as powerful as Thor.  

Probably saving the big gun villains for other movies.

Perhaps a villain as formidable as those Thor faced in his movies then. Of course, Valkyrie took out Thor with a neck zapper.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:52 PM, paperheart said:

‘Captain Marvel 2’: Zawe Ashton Tapped To Play Villain In Marvel Sequel

https://deadline.com/2021/02/captain-marvel-2-zawe-ashton-marvel-sequel-1234692951/

Laying odds it's either Deathbird or a rogue Skrull (either the Skrull queen or a female Super Skrull). Also laying odds there will be a larger threat at play.