• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces Updates to Services and Fees for 2022
6 6

228 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, Cool Ghoul said:

I'm not surprised CGC did this, as many companies are raising their prices across the board (utilities, grocery, auto, restaurants, etc.). 

I think CGC is basically just riding the inflationary wave at the moment. 

Sooner or later, however, people may want to re-evaluate whether or not it's worth submitting 100s of modern comics when -- after grading and selling costs are factored in -- there's very little profit left for the end customer.

They raised prices May 2021.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, nikocb said:

Every shipment to me via FedEx has been delayed during the past two years. They've lost 3 separate shipments.

Trust me, I currently work for UPS for 13 years.  They beat up many packages through few different hubs and few hundred miles of conveyors everyday. I load them into the truck. There are many opened or torn boxes that I have to tape them. Sometimes, I saw the comic books too (the most valuable book I recalled was heavily taped up JIM #85 along many Thor books).  UPS will NOT take any responsibility if the comic books are lost but they will cover the shipping costs only.

On 1/4/2022 at 5:21 PM, Radricky said:

So even higher prices with slower turn around times?

Seems like a great way to push customers to their competition. 

I do wish any of the current competition was truly viable. Hopefully there will be another player one day.

Folks the goal was not to slow down submission of books that probably should not be submitted. If it had been CGC would have done what PSA did which was only limit subs to only express for 8 months.  This is purely a cash grab.

All this price increase will do, other than line the CGC exec's pockets, is cause a deluge of new submissions. Prepare for turn-around-time for what is already in the pipeline to be increased by months - perhaps even a year.

Great times ahead with CGC; higher costs, turn around time possibly at a year, and continued reduced quality control. After all why do any quality control if you are overflowing with business?

P.S. Years from now when the boom is but a memory try to recall how you were were treated when they was a livin' way high up on that hog

Edited by MAR1979