• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces Updates to Services and Fees for 2022
6 6

228 posts in this topic

No surprise here on the raised rates.  Like @NewWorldOrder stated -  It's all about supply and demand.  I'm actually surprised it was only a couple of bucks for the Modern and Regular tiers.  
As long as they have this massive backlog rates will continue to go up.  I expect another rate increase within a year again UNLESS book submissions decrease substantially. 

On 1/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. Makes this feel more like a kick in the nuts. 

Oh yeah I am not happy but CGC has all the leverage, however without CGC I would hate my life and have to get a job I hate. lol

On 1/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

So I submitted books before the 2021 price change - I haven't got them back before this price change. Sounds legit.

This quote sums this thread up nicely lol 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:27 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Not sure how much longer the CGC gravy train will continue.....:sorry:

I usually stop selling in December.  

Not in 2021.  December sales 2 days before X-mas beat same books sold in November. 

Now the people who are not very educated on buying and selling in general that gravy train is stuck at SFG at CGC.   You know the train where everyone (CGC, presser, shipper, person you bought the comic from, eBay,) wins except the submitter lol 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Sooooooooooooooooo is CBCS getting any better at grading? hm

On 1/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I usually stop selling in December.  

Not in 2021.  December sales 2 days before X-mas beat same books sold in November. 

Now the people who are not very educated on buying and selling in general that gravy train is stuck at SFG at CGC.   You know the train where everyone will (CGC, shipper, person you bought the comic from, eBay,) win except the submitter lol 

I can’t imagine submitting a bunch of “hot” books, and not getting them back  until they’re worth less than the cost of slabbing. :tonofbricks:

On 1/4/2022 at 3:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t imagine submitting a bunch of “hot” books, and not getting them back  until they’re worth less than the cost of slabbing. :tonofbricks:

You can when you submit a Spider-woman #1 (70's) and get a CGC 8.5. lol

Because these $ transaction took place before you got the book back:

Paid too much for it raw

Pressed 

CGC

shipping to and from

eBay fees

Everyone wins except for the person who started the chain of transactions which honestly is one of the most unfair business things that can happen to someone in our hobby.  I learned the hard way years ago.  Now that is rare occurrence for me thankfully. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, Barth said:

Return shipping costs :whatthe:

FB_IMG_1641337518327.jpg

Am I missing something looks the same?

Also what has me curious is the only difference I am seeing is are they back to a max of 30 books per invoice up from the 25?  That would be good news for change!

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/4/2022 at 6:38 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

You can when you submit a Spider-woman #1 (70's) and get a CGC 8.5. lol

Because these $ transaction took place before you got the book back:

Paid too much for it raw

Pressed 

CGC

shipping to and from

eBay fees

Everyone wins except for the person who started the chain of transactions which honestly is one of the most unfair business things that can happen to someone in our hobby.  I learned the hard way years ago.  Now that is rare occurrence for me thankfully. 

NewWorldOrder = Dave from CC ?   hm

Going to have to agree with John on this... for all of you in here whining about this... STOP submitting. Oh that's right you won't because you still make money off CGC's services even after the price increase. Well then you have nothing to person_without_enough_empathy about. If you are one of the ones person_without_enough_empathying and you don't submit and I know there are some of you here... what do you care? You don't submit anyway, doesn't matter if they charge $1 or $1000, has no affect on you. As a matter of fact why are you even posting in this thread?

@CGC - when am I going to see all of this "investment" you are supposedly making. Your TAT's still suck. Go ahead and take my money, I won't complain because I'm one of those people making money off your service and a $2 hike in price won't have any effect but please don't insult me by lying about all these "investments" you have made because clearly they aren't doing any good.