• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Comic Book supplies online options - Update and a new question
4 4

28 posts in this topic

I'm finding it hard to locate good pricing on bags and boards. My local store does not sell them anymore.

Also would love to hear advice on what to store all my raw bronze to copper age Amazing Spider-man comics (@400 books) in? I have to change out a large part of my collection so in total I might be looking at 1000 books.

Edited by mytastebud

On 1/7/2022 at 3:23 PM, mytastebud said:

I'm finding it hard to locate good pricing on bags and boards. My local store does not sell them anymore.

Also would love to hear advice on what to store all my raw bronze to copper age Amazing Spider-man comics (@400 books) in? I have to change out a large part of my collection so in total I might be looking at 1000 books.

I know where there must be tons of bags and boards.  At the CGC facility, as they come with every book sent in, sometimes multiple boards per book.  They don't return them, so they must be piled to the sky there.

These suppliers will come up a lot. Good luck. (thumbsu (I've purchased from all three over the years and this past year.)

BCW Supplies for Polypropylene bags and boards
Collectible Supplies | Shop Display Cases for Collectible Comics, Trading Cards & More - BCW Supplies

Gerber for Mylites2, Fullbacks and Mylars (725, 700)
E. Gerber Products, LLC. - Home (egerber.com)

Hot Flips
Hot Flips – Comic Book And Art Supplies

Edited by sckao

I like these sellers. They will usually give discounts if you buy in bulk.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/comicequip/

https://www.ebay.com/str/readysetcollect

It's pretty tough to find backing boards these days due to supply chain shortages. I see Gerber full-backs are going for ~$50 for a pack of 50.

Edited by adampasz

Hotflips is $90 for 50 mylites and fullbacks.  eBay isn't much better.  It is pretty gross.

I strongly suggest waiting until March/April and getting from Gerber.  If absolutely have to get some now, just get BCWs on Amazon in the meantime.  Available right now--200 silver bags/boards is about $50 shipped.

Is it just me or are Mylites+ discontinued? E. Gerber's site only lists Mylites 2 and 4, and their new non-Mylar line.

Call me crazy but I've always preferred Mylites+ for current/standard size, as they're more flexible. I use them for trades and thick one-shots. Also they came in 100 per pack which is a good amount Mylar protection for the money.

I tried out a couple of Mylites+ Packs many years ago, but I found the 1.4mil thickness to be just too thin. They also seemed to be what everyone terms “crinkly” and make noises when flexed.

Experiments were also done on these CGC boards with using two Halfbacks which are theoretically thicker than one Fullback, but the one Fullback is actually more rigid and provides a better “fit” in terms of the 725/700 combo most people seem to prefer.

Edited by sckao

On 1/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Poekaymon said:

Hotflips is $90 for 50 mylites and fullbacks.  eBay isn't much better.  It is pretty gross.

I strongly suggest waiting until March/April and getting from Gerber.  If absolutely have to get some now, just get BCWs on Amazon in the meantime.  Available right now--200 silver bags/boards is about $50 shipped.

Yes, I need some boards and will wait until E. Gerber gets them in stock.  They have by far the best prices on boards.  They may raise the price when they do come out.  Time will tell.
Every place else is expensive. 

They get their shipments in periodically... I had multiple orders stacked up and then they all came in over a period of a couple of weeks in the last month or so. Now some of these products look like they are delayed until May 2022 (or even later actually).

On 2/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, sckao said:

They get their shipments in periodically... I had multiple orders stacked up and then they all came in over a period of a couple of weeks in the last month or so. Now some of these products look like they are delayed until May 2022 (or even later actually).

Thanks for the heads up.