• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm noticing an increasing number of WTB posts in the WTB section with no grade ranges OR price ranges in the listing.
10 10

Should moderation be active on WTB posts that are vague?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should moderation be active on WTB posts that are vague?

• Yes?
    • No?

157 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, blazingbob said:

Having to actually work a bit to make a sale.  

You're right, we should just have a bunch of WTB posts stating "I'm looking for comics. Does anyone have any for sale?"  Then we can really work at selling them some books. :makepoint:

lol

On 1/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, blazingbob said:

Easy response - www.highgradecomics.com.

Oh wait.  www.vintagecomics.com doesn't work

:makepoint:

lol

My website got attacked by malware 2 years ago near the start of the pandemic because the software was old and had vulnerabilities and I didn't want to spend the money during the pandemic to redo it. I also spent most of this year on the road and so now that I'm home I'm actually working on a new site as we speak. 

To me it's a matter of etiquette more than anything else. It's the difference between spelling 'ur' and 'your' or "yru" and why are you"

The fact that you're arguing that grade doesn't matter when someone posts a 'want to buy' is ridiculous to me but hey, not everyone has to agree with you or me. Everyone's opinion seems to be split.

But I think my domain is way cooler than yours. :takeit:

On 1/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, VintageComics said:

You're right, we should just have a bunch of WTB posts stating "I'm looking for comics. Does anyone have any for sale?"  Then we can really work at selling them some books. :makepoint:

lol

Schtaaaaaap.  

You’re giving me ideas.  I could post a WTB listing where I set the grade AND the price but do not provide any other information.  The seller would ship me a mystery book. 

hm 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/9/2022 at 9:43 PM, Buzzetta said:

Schtaaaaaap.  

You’re giving me ideas.  I could post a WTB listing where I set the grade AND the price but do not provide any other information.  The seller would ship me a mystery book. 

hm 

Well you could end up with one of those invisible CGC graded books.. :banana:

On 1/9/2022 at 11:24 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Do it 

What’s a fair ask price for a random and generic ASM modern slab in a 9.8 shipped?  

:signofftopic:

I've no reason to post in want to buy because of the last two times I've tried.

1) Listed looking for a 2.0-4.0, and willing to pay up to 2k. Got replies like I have a 6.0 for 4k.

2) Similar post on a different book and only got responses from obvious scammers. Dude, my friend has this book. Email him at...

On 1/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

I have read thru the current 1st page of the WTB section and I see what the OP is talking about. It's almost like many buyers don't know what they want and need people to come and play salesman. 

You want a sale? Play salesman. 😉

I see Roy's point, but please if you are a seller of comic books do a little work selling the books. I would imagine we are all big boys here, and if I ask for a Hulk #1 in a particular grade we both know what kind of money we are all looking at. I dont need to post that I'm willing to pay 20K for one.