• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd Annual Grading Contest Round 2 (Results are In)
10 10

117 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 9:22 AM, Croatbag said:

On the detective 135 on the back, is that blue streak ink from the printing process or distributer spray that dripped, or something else?

Not sure, but either the printing process or distributor spray. Not something else  

Edited by William-James88

On 1/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, comicginger1789 said:

First round, my grades channeled Lil Jon and they "got, low".....way too low.

This round, I channeled Creed ("can you take me hiiiiiggggheer") with my grades.

I feel unfortunate that these were the musical references that came to mind but it is what it is. 

See you could have gone in a completely different direction with the Lil Jon reference.  Cause I did. lol

Lil Jon What Ok GIFs | Tenor

I was going to use a Chappelle version but didn't quickly come across one with all three in 1.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:59 AM, comicginger1789 said:

First round, my grades channeled Lil Jon and they "got, low".....way too low.

This round, I channeled Creed ("can you take me hiiiiiggggheer") with my grades.

I feel unfortunate that these were the musical references that came to mind but it is what it is. 

Turns out you are not the only one going that trend per round. Maybe we'll find a happy middle in the third round.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:57 PM, Anthony Hoag said:

Detective Comics 583. Color brake and chipping bottom left corner few ticks on spine….  top left corner little chip …. the line on front and back cover is from printing kinda like color rub I give this Cgc 7.5 

This is the book giving most people difficulty this round. Only 1 person got it right so far.

There was lots of movement in this round, while not everyone has written in yet, here is what the ranking is at right now for the top 14 spots

image.png.c440fbf51b83014daa5525d51f21ea3a.png