• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF5 vs X-Men 1
3 3

94 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 2:03 PM, William-James88 said:

HAHAHA, SO GOOD!!!!!!!

There is so much wrong with this cover. What Is Beast hanging onto? The hell is Jean Grey doing in the back? Since when does magnetish stop a heat ray? Angel has a bazooka, WHAT!?!??!  WHAT?!?!?! And yeah, iceman is drawn with no definition, the costumes are not great and it is far from being the iconic roster we think of when we think of X-Men. 

But, it has Magneto, who is awesome and it's the first comic of the most iconic team book in marvel history (yeah, I said it!). Humble beginings is all. 

And to be honest, while I do preffer Doom and I preffer that FF 5 cover over this one, the FF 5 story suuuuuuucks. Instead of it being the iconic battle of the minds between Doom and the team that we now expect between them (and a meeting of tech vs sorcery), it's a time travel adventure with pirates. 

Do you know what has a good story?

Mygreatestadventure80.JPG

On 1/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, William-James88 said:

That is a great story! But very different, their leader who is also in a wheelchair, has a beard.

Yes, I remember reading it and thinking wow, this is still a great story.  ASM is still good.  X-men I'm afraid doesn't mature well until much later...

On 1/16/2022 at 3:08 PM, Buzzetta said:

...The heroes seem to increase in value more than the villains.   Look at what happened with Thanos.  

YEAH..... and look what happened with Loki!  JIM 85 is barely moving.....

:jokealert:

I think you can't go wrong with either comic, but from a financial point of view.... Xmen 1 is going to appreciate at a faster rate.

Edited by gadzukes

On 1/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, gadzukes said:

YEAH..... and look what happened with Loki!  JIM 85 is barely moving.....

:jokealert:

I think you can't go wrong with either comic, but from a financial point of view.... Xmen 1 is going to appreciate at a faster rate.

You know that is interesting... 

I had not even considered Loki because I was thinking of villains and I guess I did not consider Loki to be a villain.  I mean is he?  Does Marvel portray him as the enemy in recent years?  Hiddleston has become so popular with the Marvel Universe fans that Loki gets his own show where he becomes the hero of his story. 

I am not writing this to make a "point" or argue.  Loki IS a villain but when I was thinking of one he honestly did not cross my mind because these days, he has become such a favorite to watch. I guess I think of him more of a hero these days. 

On 1/17/2022 at 3:30 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am not writing this to make a "point" or argue.  Loki IS a villain but when I was thinking of one he honestly did not cross my mind because these days, he has become such a favorite to watch. I guess I think of him more of a hero these days. 

Maybe one day, Doom will be a hero too, helping Doctor Strange and Ironman save the universe from hell.

A white knight in shining armour, if you will

image.jpeg.113c5fc2a2bcff97f75ea3056afc4373.jpeg

And a straight up avenger

Doctor Doom Joins The Avengers? | Screen Rant

Edited by William-James88

On 1/17/2022 at 3:56 PM, William-James88 said:

Maybe one day, Doom will be a hero too, helping Doctor Strange and Ironman save the universe from hell.

A white knight in shining armour, if you will

image.jpeg.113c5fc2a2bcff97f75ea3056afc4373.jpeg

And a straight up avenger

Doctor Doom Joins The Avengers? | Screen Rant

Maybe I am just a mark for Tom Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki lol 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:05 PM, William-James88 said:

As much as the X-men have potential (and they do, oh boy do they) I cannot wait for the world to experience the magnificence of DOOM

I swear to all that is holy if your posts lead the guys in Kav's Turtle Sandbox to start a Doom thread the way they swamped the message boards in Kang posts I will never let you hear the end of it. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/17/2022 at 4:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

I swear to all that is holy if your posts lead the guys in Kav's Turtle Sandbox to start a Doom thread the way they swamped the message boards in Kang posts I will never let you hear the end of it. 

HAHAHAHA

I have no clue what you are talking about and I don't want to know. But as much as you are a mark for Tom Hiddleston, I am a mark for DOOM.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, William-James88 said:

HAHAHAHA

I have no clue what you are talking about and I don't want to know. But as much as you are a mark for Tom Hiddleston, I am a mark for DOOM.

So at one point a month or two ago, they started a Kang thread that I think was eventually locked or poofed.   And then every other post around here became something to do with Kang. 

Like... every other post. 

@onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 1/17/2022 at 3:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

So at one point a month or two ago, they started a Kang thread that I think was eventually locked or poofed.   And then every other post around here became something to do with Kang. 

Like... every other post. 

@onlyweaknesskryptonite

It was started by a member Bo... He got a vacation for that mess. 

Currently most of them have moved on to tauntauns... 

On 1/17/2022 at 3:30 PM, Buzzetta said:

You know that is interesting... 

I had not even considered Loki because I was thinking of villains and I guess I did not consider Loki to be a villain.  I mean is he?  Does Marvel portray him as the enemy in recent years?  Hiddleston has become so popular with the Marvel Universe fans that Loki gets his own show where he becomes the hero of his story. 

Doom, like Loki, is a complicated character.  That's what makes them so appealing.  They're both Narcissistic Megalomaniacs.  Loki seems to have found his "good side" and maybe learned humility through the TVA, but..... he may have a mental illness that makes him turn back to more of an evil character at some point.

If Doom were to get a similar treatment within the MCU..... who knows?  I hope he's in more than 1 movie, that's for sure.

You know who else is a complicated character, who straddles both "good guy" and "bad guy".?..... Submariner.

I am SO hoping to see a Super Villain Team-Up

On 1/17/2022 at 4:32 PM, gadzukes said:

Doom, like Loki, is a complicated character.  That's what makes them so appealing.  They're both Narcissistic Megalomaniacs.  Loki seems to have found his "good side" and maybe learned humility through the TVA, but..... he may have a mental illness that makes him turn back to more of an evil character at some point.

If Doom were to get a similar treatment within the MCU..... who knows?  I hope he's in more than 1 movie, that's for sure.

You know who else is a complicated character, who straddles both "good guy" and "bad guy".?..... Submariner.

I am SO hoping to see a Super Villain Team-Up

Here are my predictions with this.

Galactus and Doom will be event bad guys like Thanos. 

I could see them doing Secret War but the version where they close the different realities and not the Beyonder version and that is where Doom comes in as the big bad event guy. 

Namor could be the next Loki as far the MCU goes. 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

Here are my predictions with this.

Galactus and Doom will be event bad guys like Thanos. 

I could see them doing Secret War but the version where they close the different realities and not the Beyonder version and that is where Doom comes in as the big bad event guy. 

Namor could be the next Loki as far the MCU goes. 

I hope Doom is more than Thanos. Thanos has always been more of an event type villain, while Doom is always around, just a part of the world. And then ever so often, he just wants to take it over (I think he's doing so now as we speak in the comics). I hope he becomes as prominent within the MCU as he is the comics. 

Back to the original question, I know we anticipate a big jump for X-Men 1 once they join the MCU but unlike Doom, the X-Men have had a huge fan following on the big screen. They are a big franchise, everyone knows how cool they are. Whereas Doom has only had really weak efforts, all below his big bad status. I'm really wondering if Doom has more potential for price increase than X-Men 1 has. It is also the scarcer comic of the two, so you have supply as an added factor if demand ever becomes similar.

Thing about Xmen is that they have their own universe

They could stand alone without need of Marvel, which has been proven

We are probably fortunate to have had such a disaster with Sony, that perhaps a refined Xmen universe is what we are going to see moving forward