• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF5 vs X-Men 1
3 3

94 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2022 at 2:12 PM, Venomous72 said:

So I have a very nice Fantastic Four 5 in a 5.0.  I love FF and Doctor Doom.  I am also a big X-Men fan.

X-Men 1 seems like it has dipped and I am getting tempted to sell the FF5 to get a 3.0 - 4.0 copy of X-Men 1 before it goes nuclear when the X-Men are announced in the MCU, but would likely never be able to purchase the FF5 again.

Of these two, if you could have one, which would you rather have in your collection?

I made my choice a while back since I could only afford one. I chose FF 5.

You say it will be nuclear when the X-Men are added to the MCU and while that's true, think of what FF 5 will do when Doom takes his rightful place as the main Baddie of the MCU.

I would still love to own X-Men one but not for the actual X-Men since that's not the cast/costumes/era I associate to the x-men at all, and I would agree neither do most people in the world. I would love to own it because it's the first appearance of another favourite Marvel character of mine, Magneto.

This is one of those questions that would have me changing my mind every now and again. Within the past year or so, FF5 would be my choice. I’ve been a fan of the X-men since the early days of my collecting and would likely have chosen it at one time and may decide so in the future but Doom’s first appearance seems to be one I’d like to secure in my possession first as it’s been a tougher book to find in an acceptable condition (notice I didn’t say “grade”)

On 1/16/2022 at 9:19 PM, 54 68 65 20 52 65 64 20 50 69 6c 6c said:

I'm not a Adam Hughes or catwoman fan.  

They were on LOST first. 

At least you are really not "burning" a screen name this time.  I figure eventually they will block any new screen names attempting to join with any version of the name "Roy" in it. 

I’ll come out and say the cover of Xmen 1 is horrendous. I love the cover of FF5. I’m also not a big magneto or Xmen person so for me the only point to owning an Xmen 1 would be to sell it for somethings I would like more….like FF5 or more likely anything Spidey related 

On 1/16/2022 at 2:12 PM, Venomous72 said:

So I have a very nice Fantastic Four 5 in a 5.0.  I love FF and Doctor Doom.  I am also a big X-Men fan.

X-Men 1 seems like it has dipped and I am getting tempted to sell the FF5 to get a 3.0 - 4.0 copy of X-Men 1 before it goes nuclear when the X-Men are announced in the MCU, but would likely never be able to purchase the FF5 again.

Of these two, if you could have one, which would you rather have in your collection?

Thinking about this more.  It sounds like you already made your decision.  Don't second guess yourself.