• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF5 vs X-Men 1
3 3

94 posts in this topic

At least Deadpool is going back to the shed where he belongs.

The first 90s series was pretty good. Everything after is nothing but garbage, and the movies have only proven the point

I'd go with Xmen, as it encompasses a hero team and not a villain first appearance. Disney has proven they refuse to display villainy and instead opt for an antihero approach. It detracts from villains and makes them one dimensional, stupid and boring.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

X-Men #1 for me. Doctor Doom is awesome, but you get not only the X-Men themselves in #1, but Magneto and he is on Doom's level.

Hey, that's what I said.

Damn. 

lol 

On 1/16/2022 at 2:08 PM, Buzzetta said:

X-Men 1

I made a similar choice and while it took a little longer to explode, the X-Men 1 was the smarter choice in my opinion.

Eventually, Disney is going to put forth Dr Doom.   That's a given.  However, he will be the antagonist.  The heroes seem to increase in value more than the villains.   Look at what happened with Thanos.  That book has peaked while TOS39, Avengers 4, JIM83 continue to increase.

X-Men 1 introduces us to Magneto, who if done correctly could be more interesting that Doom, Xavier, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel.  Pick any one of them to break out, *Jean Grey* <cough cough> Xavier and Magneto <cough cough> and you can thank me later. 

You should get that cough looked at.  Could be covid.

On 1/17/2022 at 12:07 PM, thunsicker said:

You should get that cough looked at.  Could be covid.

Sooooooo.... 

Apparently my idea is looked down upon by quite a few people.

I am one of the few people at work that has not gotten sick.   I had proposed an idea where the remainder of those that have not ever had covid put $50 into a pool.  The last person to be covid free collects 75% with the runner up to get 25%.  If there is more than one person by the end of the year the pot is divided by those who remain. 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:41 AM, Venomous72 said:

Ok so I think I have to keep the FF5.  I think I could save for an X-Men 1 or sell some other books.  

But I also already have a nice GSX1 which can hold me over.

Also I got a new job that pays me more so this may solve my issue lol

I think the sell some other books part is the answer! Good luck!

On 1/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

Sooooooo.... 

Apparently my idea is looked down upon by quite a few people.

I am one of the few people at work that has not gotten sick.   I had proposed an idea where the remainder of those that have not ever had covid put $50 into a pool.  The last person to be covid free collects 75% with the runner up to get 25%.  If there is more than one person by the end of the year the pot is divided by those who remain. 

:bigsmile:  That's one way to do it. 

On 1/17/2022 at 1:20 PM, William-James88 said:

What about the fact that the original X-Men costumes look like poo?

What about it? The FF didn't even have costumes and then the ones they did get still look like poo and they are still wearing them.

POO on THAT!

Edited by speedcake

On 1/17/2022 at 1:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What about the fact that they let a snowman join their team? :insane:

77A72A54-79B8-4AFF-9970-BA97334A1DF5.jpeg.381a63c66505d92d6037b6983b73b6d2.jpeg

HAHAHA, SO GOOD!!!!!!!

There is so much wrong with this cover. What Is Beast hanging onto? The hell is Jean Grey doing in the back? Since when does magnetish stop a heat ray? Angel has a bazooka, WHAT!?!??!  WHAT?!?!?! And yeah, iceman is drawn with no definition, the costumes are not great and it is far from being the iconic roster we think of when we think of X-Men. 

But, it has Magneto, who is awesome and it's the first comic of the most iconic team book in marvel history (yeah, I said it!). Humble beginings is all. 

And to be honest, while I do preffer Doom and I preffer that FF 5 cover over this one, the FF 5 story suuuuuuucks. Instead of it being the iconic battle of the minds between Doom and the team that we now expect between them (and a meeting of tech vs sorcery), it's a time travel adventure with pirates. 

On 1/17/2022 at 2:03 PM, William-James88 said:

HAHAHA, SO GOOD!!!!!!!

There is so much wrong with this cover. What Is Beast hanging onto? The hell is Jean Grey doing in the back? Since when does magnetish stop a heat ray? Angel has a bazooka, WHAT!?!??!  WHAT?!?!?! And yeah, iceman is drawn with no definition, the costumes are not great and it is far from being the iconic roster we think of when we think of X-Men. 

But, it has Magneto, who is awesome and it's the first comic of the most iconic team book in marvel history (yeah, I said it!). Humble beginings is all. 

And to be honest, while I do preffer Doom and I preffer that FF 5 cover over this one, the FF 5 story suuuuuuucks. Instead of it being the iconic battle of the minds between Doom and the team that we now expect between them (and a meeting of tech vs sorcery), it's a time travel adventure with pirates. 

Thankfully, the story inside is locked forever away in a slab  :wink:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER