• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF5 vs X-Men 1
3 3

94 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 7:15 PM, William-James88 said:

That is a great story! But very different, their leader who is also in a wheelchair, has a beard.

Also, the Doom Patrol’s Brotherhood of Evil, not to be confused with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:15 AM, Buzzetta said:

Sooooooo.... 

Apparently my idea is looked down upon by quite a few people.

I am one of the few people at work that has not gotten sick.   I had proposed an idea where the remainder of those that have not ever had covid put $50 into a pool.  The last person to be covid free collects 75% with the runner up to get 25%.  If there is more than one person by the end of the year the pot is divided by those who remain. 

Do you get double if everyone croaks? :(

On 1/19/2022 at 7:39 AM, The lips said:

Taking the investment side for it away. I’d go FF5. Doom and the FF4 are much more iconic than the mutants in my humble opinion. 

How is it that the FF always seem like such an institution, while the X-Men always seem like a much newer, fresher property, created last Friday? Is it the constantly changing rosters? The number of books? What is it? 

On 1/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, William-James88 said:

That is a great story! But very different, their leader who is also in a wheelchair, has a beard.

When you think the xmen are a bunch of rejects... the Doom patrol has it just as bad if not worse...I doubt any kid ever dreams of being any of those superheroes growing up.

20220121_123945.jpg

On 1/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, alexgross.com said:

hope you pulled the trigger. the idea of xmen1 dropping was short lived. strong results on all grades yesterday on comiclink, including this nice 4.0 copy that closed just under 20k. white pages didnt hurt. 

7A748473-C27A-4B14-85CE-BFC6F04CEEDF.png

That's a nice copy.  Will be interesting to see if it rebounds as the equity market begins its decline.  The fed increasing interest rates in March will pound down stocks.