• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your D&D OA
4 4

258 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2024 at 9:52 AM, batman_fan said:

I snagged this off an Ebay auction, missed the D3 sealed.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 6.24.22 PM.png

Thats a score!

And thats definitely era appropriate seal alright!   Even doing it by hand these days you'd have had a better finish :roflmao:

On 1/28/2024 at 7:46 PM, Microchip said:

Thats a score!

And thats definitely era appropriate seal alright!   Even doing it by hand these days you'd have had a better finish :roflmao:

Fact check: true but in their defense the lighting in the garage wasn't that good

On 6/20/2024 at 5:01 AM, -m said:

It will be interesting to see the final hammer prices and whether this establishes a new market for HA.

I almost consigned some stuff here but decided against it. Honestly I am hoping it tanks as I'd like to pick up a few things myself. CGC getting into the shrink game threw me a bit as this is why I got my small collection graded by CBCS. Heck I have an Against the Giants graded by AFA because they were doing it before CGC or CBCS got in the game (they are also the only option for grading the boxed sets and minis currently). Even though the look is cleaner with AFA (no label visible), they don't have a thin enough case so doing this for every module would be insanely heavy and cost prohibitive.

Edited by cstojano

On 6/21/2024 at 12:22 AM, cstojano said:

I almost consigned some stuff here but decided against it. Honestly I am hoping it tanks as I'd like to pick up a few things myself. CGC getting into the shrink game threw me a bit as this is why I got my small collection graded by CBCS. Heck I have an Against the Giants graded by AFA because they were doing it before CGC or CBCS got in the game (they are also the only option for grading the boxed sets and minis currently). Even though the look is cleaner with AFA (no label visible), they don't have a thin enough case so doing this for every module would be insanely heavy and cost prohibitive.

It'll be interesting to see what attracts higher bids.  

As for the price point to which things reach will be really interesting to see.   This will definitely be a market-establishing auction.    

I'm actually quite impressed with the amount of material.   I thought I knew the majority of modules out there, not so.

Edited by Microchip

On 6/27/2024 at 5:59 AM, batman_fan said:

I think I am tracking over 30 items.  A ton of stuff I am interested in but it will come down to price.

Same. For a sale like this I am trying to learn lessons from mistakes of the past but the sense I get is that prices will go high in this debut auction due to FOMO but possibly not hold up. It will be nice to have true auction values for items like this instead of the constant stream of high BIN eBay listings. Shame that price discovery will be hidden behind a degree of unrecuperable buyer's premium and other fees.

Edited by cstojano

On 6/27/2024 at 6:57 AM, batman_fan said:

The few samples auctions to date have had pretty strong prices like the Hakes graded box set and the CLINK ungraded group.  I long for the days when you could get a batch of modules for $40 off eBay.  Hakes result attached.  I didn’t win it but helped push the price up.

IMG_1124.jpeg

Pretty sure this is the one I won. They sold two, as I recall, in the same condition in back to back sales. Honestly I was discussing with another collector yesterday how this stuff is all relatively cheap. In the example above, this is a high grade (AFA85 is pretty much collector's standard, 90s are very rare, 95 almost unheard of), sealed prime piece of nostalgia for less than 2k. 

Edited by cstojano