• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your D&D OA
4 4

245 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2023 at 2:18 PM, exitmusicblue said:

Gamma World!  How's the gameplay?   Was always curious : )

We had fun with it, but had so much time and money invested in D&D, probably only spent 10% of our time with Gamma World.

Just like D&D, if you had a good DM, it made the game.

-bc

On 7/24/2023 at 2:18 PM, exitmusicblue said:

Gamma World!  How's the gameplay?   Was always curious : )

Tbh I have very little recollection of it at this point! 

That said, I'm sure it was awesome, just like everything else in the early-to-mid '80s. :cloud9: 

On 7/24/2023 at 1:44 PM, delekkerste said:

Another early 80s D&D rarity re-discovered!! :ohnoez:

20230724_163916.thumb.jpg.674b107ec46d42fe51787f8a626a3e7c.jpg

Probably one of my best memories was pulling my first all-nighter playing Bard's Tale when it came out, the game blew me away at the time. What took so long? Hand mapping every dungeon with graph paper. It was awesome. Bard's Tale, Temple of Apshai and Hellfire Warrior were the games for me back then.

Edited by cstojano

On 7/25/2023 at 12:09 AM, tth2 said:

Good lord Gene, graph paper, man, graph paper! 

Details!

I like how every route starts with a pit 😂 

On 7/24/2023 at 3:53 PM, cstojano said:

Probably one of my best memories was pulling my first all-nighter playing Bard's Tale when it came out, the game blew me away at the time. What took so long? Hand mapping every dungeon with graph paper. It was awesome. Bard's Tale, Temple of Apshai and Hellfire Warrior were the games for me back then.

I have significant gaps in certain time periods of my memory where all I remember is playing Temple of Apshai. 

On 7/25/2023 at 7:35 PM, cstojano said:

Bit of a side quest(ion) here, but anyone know why CGC doesn't grade modules sealed? They grade sealed video games so not sure I see the difference. 

Well it’s apples and oranges.   If there gets to be a sufficient market I’m sure they will.   Not sure it’s worthwhile right now if most sealed modules are only a couple hundred.   

On 7/25/2023 at 6:01 PM, Bronty said:

Well it’s apples and oranges.   If there gets to be a sufficient market I’m sure they will.   Not sure it’s worthwhile right now if most sealed modules are only a couple hundred.   

To clarify they already grade modules, just not sealed and I was told they would open a sealed module to check the contents. 

On 7/25/2023 at 9:40 PM, cstojano said:

To clarify they already grade modules, just not sealed and I was told they would open a sealed module to check the contents. 

Interesting.   Sounds like they treat them like polybagged comics.    

On 7/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, exitmusicblue said:

Speaking of modules, recently picked up the original art of the map of Ansalon used in the 5E Dragonlance book... it was not cheap.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1930057

IMG_7195.thumb.jpeg.a52687d43450b2eb0a26937c9f1fb529.jpeg

IMG_7180.thumb.jpeg.e47e02e223e499c384c441e5b48cbe0c.jpeg

Very cool piece. This artist is getting some nice exposure with the map she did for the new Conan series. I went to her site, subbed to her newsletter and saw this piece and went "wait a minute"...

Edited by cstojano

On 8/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, cstojano said:

Very cool piece. This artist is getting some nice exposure with the map she did for the new Conan series. I went to her site, subbed to her newsletter and saw this piece and went "wait a minute"...

Francesca's a veteran!  Of D&D, LOTR, WoW, Diablo, etc. she's everywhere... the Conan map is awesome indeed.  : )