• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite YouTubers Who Talk Comics?
2 2

52 posts in this topic

I mostly watch Cartoonist Kayfabe. I checked couple videos from Dragon Ink Comics. Those recent videos about those horrible dealers were kinda funny.
Also occasionally I check Eta Nicks channel about new content but nowadays he is releasing too many videos which in my opinion has hurt his content. Also in old days he talked more about his favorite comics, favorite artists etc. 

On 1/26/2022 at 2:01 AM, godzilla43 said:

I mostly watch Cartoonist Kayfabe. I checked couple videos from Dragon Ink Comics. Those recent videos about those horrible dealers were kinda funny.
Also occasionally I check Eta Nicks channel about new content but nowadays he is releasing too many videos which in my opinion has hurt his content. Also in old days he talked more about his favorite comics, favorite artists etc. 

I do my best to chase away viewers so goal achieved :)

seriously, if I do videos on youtube to please anyone, it is me.  

One channel I typically watch and I haven't seen listed here is Bronze and Modern Gods, and seeing they only have 3,300 subs, it is understandable.

Yesterday they posted a video with Chuck from Mile High. I didn't get a chance to watch that one as it was just under an hour long, but I will watch it tonight. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:06 AM, etanick said:

hehe...be careful.  You don't want to turn this into a popularity contest...god forbid right

in all honesty one of the key reason I left the CGC forum is the censorship of my speech.

I like youtube because I can tell anyone to F off or call them a C whenever it is necessary.

I need not phony up and pander to the mass to be cool..F all of that.

Your channel is great because -

1. It's obvious you're making videos for yourself and not trying to please everyone.
  2. Your grading tutorials are excellent.
  3. I enjoy the whittling down of your collection.
  4. Your collection focus is up my alley.

I admit I don't watch every hen video though.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:09 AM, Beastfeast said:

I can't stand comic youtubers for the most part.  Especially speccy ones that use the terrible thumbnail surprise face and have RGB LEDs in their background.  The constant need for hype and energy is exhausting and embarrassing.

Same. I can't do it. The whole subculture makes my skin crawl. All of the videos begin with "Hey guys!" and at some point I'm instructed to "smash that like button!" I don't begrudge people for trying to make some money, as a full time or side hustle, but the entire Youtube way of life, I think it's destroying people's brains. I've heard so many kids these days that talk like Youtube presenters. It's eerie.

One of my favorites was 86celtics who joined the boards for a while.  Channel since removed from YouTube.  :frown:. He has some great high grade GA/SA comics.

http://www.youtube.com/user/86celtics

Another interesting character with some cool comics.

http://www.youtube.com/user/purplemask99

PurpleMask99_20220126-194342.png.eed788c684747e2d044412c373a3573c.png

Edited by Norinn Radd

On 1/28/2022 at 2:30 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Reggie collects is good, Gemmint is another good one. 

Yeah I quite like something like Gemmint, Minthunter or Very Gary as they’re easy listening and usually quite snappy vids you can play in the background whilst pottering about. 

On 1/28/2022 at 2:21 PM, RickSp said:

Yeah I quite like something like Gemmint, Minthunter or Very Gary as they’re easy listening and usually quite snappy vids you can play in the background whilst pottering about. 

Yes!!! Very Gary comics is great! Bought some low grade avengers from them at nycc last year, great guys! 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:26 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Yes!!! Very Gary comics is great! Bought some low grade avengers from them at nycc last year, great guys! 

I’ve always thought it would be nice to be able to buy from these guys at a con or something, but being in the UK means that’s not happening. I need to find better cons here as it’s hard to find dealers to trust and want to spend big with for a key.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:28 PM, RickSp said:

I’ve always thought it would be nice to be able to buy from these guys at a con or something, but being in the UK means that’s not happening. I need to find better cons here as it’s hard to find dealers to trust and want to spend big with for a key.

Mam, I'm sorry.  Hopefully things go ypur way there. 

What’s going on Geminites!

It’s your boi, Gem Mint!

Here with another unboxing video!

I don’t mind Gem Mint. 
Not always. I liked his older videos personally, before he found his groove. 

I watch Lost N Comics - https://m.youtube.com/c/Lost’nComics

They have pretty regular interviews with creators, just had Michael Walsh 2 weeks ago (currently doing Silver Coin).  Go over comic related news, comics of the week (including their top), and some other skits.  

The real win is the community they have made called the Lost Ones.  It is a group of folks on Twitter that all interact and has a very family feeling.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, ThreeSeas said:

One channel I typically watch and I haven't seen listed here is Bronze and Modern Gods, and seeing they only have 3,300 subs, it is understandable.

Yesterday they posted a video with Chuck from Mile High. I didn't get a chance to watch that one as it was just under an hour long, but I will watch it tonight. 

Funny, I just discovered them yesterday and really enjoy their content.  It's like listening to comic collectors like us just talking about their love for the hobby.  I saw this thread and popped in to see if anyone mentioned them.