• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX on notating pressing on the label.....

210 posts in this topic

Well, this is all a "suppose".....

I'll would take the 90% chance over the 0% chance that CGC would tell me if they considered a book professionally pressed, or if PCS had pressed it.

Not trying to be a wiseguy. At least not today. smirk.gif

As far as casual observance goes....I am seeing more and more PGX books out there....and some of them are approaching CGC prices.

Would the market put a small premium on PGX books that denoted no pressing? I have no way to predict that. Again, the market would ultimately tell us. It would probably raise some eyebrows.....just to see auctions with the notation on the label. Like the guys who pm'd me on ebay when I mentioned that a book had no trace of SCS. They had no idea what SCS meant and I had to explain it to them. Probably first time they ever came across the concept.

Red

Switching to PGX from CGC simply because CGC missed some well-hidden trimming is like buying a Yugo because your Mercedes got a flat tire. PGX needs some credibility in its restoration detection before its "we will disclose pressing" proclamation will have any real weight. Until then, it's just a clever and opportunistic PR move.

Switching to PGX from CGC simply because CGC missed some well-hidden trimming is like buying a Yugo because your Mercedes got a flat tire. PGX needs some credibility in its restoration detection before its "we will disclose pressing" proclamation will have any real weight. Until then, it's just a clever and opportunistic PR move.

I know. I agree. I wasn't advocating switching. I was just throwing out a "scenario". I'll tell you one thing.....CGC could use something clever right about now. Man, what a boondoggle.

Like I said, every word out of your mouth shows that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I see you are still under contract as a CGC 'ho. How much are they paying you? yeahok.gif

P.S. You have absolutely no clue, as you probably realize, and I've found VERY BASIC Paper and Book Presses (the kind a newbie would get) and even they have a 1,000-2,000 lbs or higher pressure rating. Not everyone pressing comics uses a dry mount press, or didn't you know that?

You also seem to be under the misunderstanding that a 1,000 PSI is some wild figure that only physics gurus could ever hope to understand. 27_laughing.gif

I know. I agree. I wasn't advocating switching. I was just throwing out a "scenario". I'll tell you one thing.....CGC could use something clever right about now. Man, what a boondoggle.

last I heard, PGX doesnt also run a pressing and conservation oufit right down the hall from the grading dept! Switching to PGX once they beef up their rep for resto detection etc will be easy, and solve our other problems we now have with CGCs 'other businesses and agendas. But wouldnt it suck if PGX got so successful with CGC defectors that they too decided pressing is not resto and opened their OWN resto business! yikes We would have created a NEW monster!

Gee, is this post really worthy of 15+ pages? After all we all know how great PGX is at detecting resto.....
If you want I'll see to it that it goes 16 pages. thumbsup2.gif

Bring it on brother! CGC has a better track record. I don't think anyone can detect resto 100% of the time, but out of the 620,000 books that CGC graded-how many have been restored? Out of the whole 10,000 + books PGX graded-how many have been restored?

If I buy a PGX book, I send it to CGC for regrading-twice already a PGX book has come back restored! This should not be....

Gee, is this post really worthy of 15+ pages? After all we all know how great PGX is at detecting resto.....

Its not even just DETECTING restoration. Its how they handle the problem when they MISS restoration. Because believe me, BOTH companies are going to continue to have restored books slip past them from time to time.

Is the company going to track down various books by that same customer, or are they going to doctor a scan and tell you everythings OK??

Bring it on brother! CGC has a better track record. I don't think anyone can detect resto 100% of the time, but out of the 620,000 books that CGC graded-how many have been restored? Out of the whole 10,000 + books PGX graded-how many have been restored?

If I buy a PGX book, I send it to CGC for regrading-twice already a PGX book has come back restored! This should not be....

Uhh how many YOU KNOW of has CGC missed , Then read that again HOW many YOU DON''T KNOW CGC missed?

and

I still have yet to see the evidence of PGX resto miss .

I have seen the CGC evidence.

Lastly PGX says they have reveiwed over 35,000 books not 10,000 if the same ratio works fort CGC for what you claim on PGX then we are talking 1000's of books.

I am not apologizing for anyone but I am sick of the bashing.

Like I said, every word out of your mouth shows that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I see you are still under contract as a CGC 'ho. How much are they paying you? yeahok.gif

P.S. You have absolutely no clue, as you probably realize, and I've found VERY BASIC Paper and Book Presses (the kind a newbie would get) and even they have a 1,000-2,000 lbs or higher pressure rating. Not everyone pressing comics uses a dry mount press, or didn't you know that?

You also seem to be under the misunderstanding that a 1,000 PSI is some wild figure that only physics gurus could ever hope to understand. 27_laughing.gif

Why don't you take a comic book with some off-center staples and hit one of the staples with a hammer. See what happens when you put excessive pressure on that part of a comic book. screwy.gif

While we're on the topic, can you name ONE person who presses comic books using those 1000 psi presses? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Uhh how many YOU KNOW of has CGC missed , Then read that again HOW many YOU DON''T KNOW CGC missed?

and

I already gave you a link and a scan earlier. here's an older thread.

Ask other forum members for more scans and examples.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post773557

and

Ummm 99% of the first thread talks about a single seller and blames CGG (PGX) by association. Of course none of those old links work now. Then when someone claims they have the trimmed spidey of course the comaprison scan is trimmed itself.

As to the bull of having PGX graded books grading after a so called ban.........

How do you know WHO sumitted them and that the same thing isn't happening right now with Ewert.

And almost all the eveidnce is provide the same 3 or 4 people, whose allegiance shows.

I am fed up with this bull, all that is happening here is "I want to shore the value of my collection by supporting X, Y or Z grading company. "

BUY UNSLABBED BOOKS AND ENJOY YOUR COMICS.

and

Ummm 99% of the first thread talks about a single seller and blames CGG (PGX) by association. Of course none of those old links work now. Then when someone claims they have the trimmed spidey of course the comaprison scan is trimmed itself.

As to the bull of having PGX graded books grading after a so called ban.........

How do you know WHO sumitted them and that the same thing isn't happening right now with Ewert.

And almost all the eveidnce is provide the same 3 or 4 people, whose allegiance shows.

I am fed up with this bull, all that is happening here is "I want to shore the value of my collection by supporting X, Y or Z grading company. "

BUY UNSLABBED BOOKS AND ENJOY YOUR COMICS.

I guess you didn't read or look at the link foreheadslap.gif

Patterson's admitted he let him submit books again.

Then he changed his mind again and no longer lets Leder submit books.

I'm sick of dishonest posters who don't read or want to read the information we give them.sign-rantpost.gif Please feel free to ask other forum members.

Here is awe4one's post.

And this was my reply to him:

OK let's go over this again....

TD sells these two CGG graded comics:

cgglabels.jpg

They are regraded by CGC....

cggmtu1.jpg

cggasm68.jpg

You say that the ASM #68 wasn't trimmed when you graded it. So you provide a scan to prove it....

CGGASM68scan.jpg

Turns out that the scan has been digitally manipulated with a bottom edge added to make up for the trim....

You then state that you received the scan from the seller (TD was the seller). You also state that TD will not be allowed to submit through CGG anymore....

During this suspension, another restored comic shows up with amateur cover touch:

cggbatman.jpg

cgcbatman.jpg

You imply that the security of the holder will be upgraded and it's possible you missed the restoration. You also reinforce the earlier comment that TD will not be allowed to submit books to CGG again.

Now, lo and behold, it turns out that TD has been allowed to resubmit books to CGG and before you even comment on that info, board members have noticed and posted the info. No sooner then that, TD digitally CHANGES the date notation on the labels to hide the fact (you can find all the scans in this thread and if you can't I'll be happy to send those to you as well as before and after scans of comics bought off eBay that TD has restored). Why? Why the hell would TD care to try to cover up the fact that CGG is grading their books again? That smacks of complicity between you and TD more than anything that happened in the past. Also, if that's not misrepresenting the CGG product I don't know what is.

So Daniel....where is there the doubt? Why is it you put so much faith in the seller to endure all these (and there are others) shady instances that directly impact CGG's reputation?

Frankly, if you aren't willing to help yourself and your company by associating yourself with these scam artists, why should anyone give you the benefit of a doubt or support your service?

Jim