• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending a graded comic for signature

10 posts in this topic

Yes they will.  As it states in the news announcement of the signings........

• Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

This is sorta the same question I had so glad someone asked it. But I was wondering, in the signing announcement it says “you must window bag or they’ll be rejected.” If I’m submitting a slab, do I have to include a window bag too or does CGC do that for me after cracking?

For the initial question, yes as noted, CGC will open your already slabbed comic (believe the charge is still $5) and then go through the in house process. I wouldn't recommend opening up yourself as it may get damaged and there's the extra protection of sending it in slabbed. 

For the window bag, I've started to send in the CGC Window bags with a backing board taped to the slabbed comics with the comic name, remarque request and the paper insert that is printed out included. Not sure if they use it but peace of mind for me. 

On 2/8/2022 at 1:01 PM, Cman429 said:

This is sorta the same question I had so glad someone asked it. But I was wondering, in the signing announcement it says “you must window bag or they’ll be rejected.” If I’m submitting a slab, do I have to include a window bag too or does CGC do that for me after cracking?

You do not have to submit a custom window bag, though you may want to if you want the signature/remarque to be placed in specific area of comic otherwise they will place it in one of their own and artist will sign at their own discretion.  As mentioned above, if you do submit your own bag, do add / tape the insert included in packing slip to backing board.

Excuse what may be a silly, but related question (I have not sent a book in for signature before), how is one expected to send in with a window bag when CGC appears to be on back order?  Custom, or can someone point me to another place that sells them....I havent seen much when googling.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, Miguelb said:

Thanks, wasn't sure if that was allowed/an option.

Yup, very allowed and that's how it was done until very recently. Look up any window bag tutorial on YouTube.

And if anyone is curious about removing comics from the slab themselves...

Edited by William-James88