• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Five Favorite Cheap Comics
5 5

199 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 4:01 PM, Point Five said:

Thanks! I'd kill for a truly high grade copy. This is a deslabbed 3.0 with some back cover moisture issues, but it presents pretty well. I've also owned a raw 2.5/3.0 that I sold when I got this one. Never seen any other copies, and I've been working on the run for 3-4 years now.

I've only known this cover because it was used for a cheap reprint - nice to see the original for the first time!

On 2/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, october said:

I think people get stressed when they see these huge hammer prices on Heritage, especially when the books in question were relatively affordable only a short time ago. I know I find it somewhat dispiriting. Still lots of modestly priced awesomeness out there though, especially in the "flyover" genres like funny animal, western, etc. I've paid a lot more attention to foreign, especially non-English, comics lately. 

Glad people are enjoying the thread. I know I've added a book or two to the wantlist already. 

Quoted just for "flyover genres"! That's an instant classic.  lol

On 2/9/2022 at 4:08 PM, Point Five said:

And here's ATR #11, the other breakout cover from this run. (I sold a slabbed 4.0 for $700 last year; I guess you could say this book is 'trending' out of this thread but not quite there yet.)

alltrueromance11.jpg.50bea828ec2a2aa3daf9578dbf6b6d90.jpg

Now fifty boardies seeing this for the first time are about to learn just how tough these are!

On 2/9/2022 at 10:56 AM, Chief1332 said:

IMG_2408.JPG

Love this Ghost Rider #7 in particular and it's an excellent example for this thread. It's been on my 'get it if I see it' list for a while.  (thumbsu 

On 2/9/2022 at 8:18 AM, october said:

My coworker is super into her speedboat. It's crazy how expensive it all is, including this professional photoshoot. lol

Bust Out Another Tenthousand. 

image.png.da067d20420e7149eb85cc3551ac367e.png

I can relate. I am also a vintage motorcycle enthusiast. I like to say that HD = Hundred Dollars. :roflmao:

On 2/9/2022 at 11:44 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I NEVER see that book for sale...

You just missed your golden opportunity!

Untitled-1.jpg