• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Five Favorite Cheap Comics
5 5

199 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, PopKulture said:

Hmmm... let me just throw it out there that you and I have vastly different ideas about "cheap" comics, seeing as I have never spent anything remotely approaching that

It's true that $1000 isn't remotely in the same neighborhood as cheap. I had $100-200 in my head, but figured I would aim much higher as the market has been so ludicrous lately. It's hard to gauge the value/price of some of these obscurities now.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:37 AM, october said:

It's true that $1000 isn't remotely in the same neighborhood as cheap. I had $100-200 in my head, but figured I would aim much higher as the market has been so ludicrous lately. It's hard to gauge the value/price of some of these obscurities now.

I have a lot of books that I paid under $100 for, but I have very few that are worth less than a significant multiple of that.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, Robot Man said:

This is one of the most fun threads I have seen in quite a while. So many fun books out there in all genres that can be bought and enjoyed without much thought to cost. I can still go to a show, buy a couple bigger books then hit the boxes and pull out 3 or 4 books for a $100. to just go home and enjoy.

Brings back the essence and fun of collecting! 

I think people get stressed when they see these huge hammer prices on Heritage, especially when the books in question were relatively affordable only a short time ago. I know I find it somewhat dispiriting. Still lots of modestly priced awesomeness out there though, especially in the "flyover" genres like funny animal, western, etc. I've paid a lot more attention to foreign, especially non-English, comics lately. 

Glad people are enjoying the thread. I know I've added a book or two to the wantlist already. 

Edited by october

My suggestion is that the name of the thread be "Cool comics under $1000 today that will cost a lot more tomorrow" (:

On 2/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, october said:

New to me. This is aweome. :takeit:

Thanks! I'd kill for a truly high grade copy. This is a deslabbed 3.0 with some back cover moisture issues, but it presents pretty well. I've also owned a raw 2.5/3.0 that I sold when I got this one. Never seen any other copies, and I've been working on the run for 3-4 years now.