• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find a Batman story based on a scene. Long shot if it even exists...
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Not sure if it's Golden Age or Silver Age. Judging by age of person who claims to have read story, I'm guessing late Golden Age/early Silver age. It would not be Copper Age or Modern Age.

A professor in Sociology claims he read the following Batman story where the following action took place:

A group of crooks beat up a junkie while Batman hid behind a building, watching, impassive

Anybody???

Edited by NoMan

On 2/8/2022 at 6:22 PM, NoMan said:

I'm guessing late Golden Age/early Silver age. It would not be Copper Age or Modern Age.

It would have to be pre-1954 if that's the case, correct? Because of the CCA? And based on what @THE_BEYONDER posted, which sounds like the same story, Bruce Alexander was born in 1939. He could have been reading a back issue I suppose, but you could potentially narrow it down to Batman stories from say 1944-1953 (going off of the idea of a "small kid" and figuring reading age for a comic would be maybe starting at 5 years old - kind of young, but you have to forma a starting point somewhere).

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 2/9/2022 at 3:56 PM, The Meta said:

If it blows Elton John away, it must be good

Oh gods there's an easy joke there... 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:12 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It would have to be pre-1954 if that's the case, correct? Because of the CCA? And based on what @THE_BEYONDER posted, which sounds like the same story, Bruce Alexander was born in 1939. He could have been reading a back issue I suppose, but you could potentially narrow it down to Batman stories from say 1944-1953 (going off of the idea of a "small kid" and figuring reading age for a comic would be maybe starting at 5 years old - kind of young, but you have to forma a starting point somewhere).

Thanks for the input. that does narrow it down somewhat, The Junkie, if not injecting heroin, could get by the CCA.

Edited by NoMan

On 2/11/2022 at 5:38 AM, kav said:

Omg i always thought it was the Mandala Effect.

Rather ironic that you're misremembering the name of a phenemona about collectively misremembering phenomena from the past. 

Now we just need more people to chime in and verify that they too thought it was Mandala Effect. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:56 AM, The Meta said:

If it blows Elton John away, it must be good

On 2/9/2022 at 8:19 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Oh gods there's an easy joke there... 

Insert Lil Nas X comment