• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Package Lost on the Way to CGC
1 1

41 posts in this topic

The panic  :ohnoez:   is over, lol.  As you all expected, they showed up in My Submissions - thank you to CGC for opening my package so fast.  And I found out that CGC sends through USPS registered mail so that's the way I'm going to do it for now on.  Thanks all!

On 2/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, Msgarmar said:

The panic  :ohnoez:   is over, lol.  As you all expected, they showed up in My Submissions - thank you to CGC for opening my package so fast.  And I found out that CGC sends through USPS registered mail so that's the way I'm going to do it for now on.  Thanks all!

Well, if your "box full" of comic books was sitting next to my "box full" of comic books, CGC has, thus far, ignored my box.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:47 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Well, if your "box full" of comic books was sitting next to my "box full" of comic books, CGC has, thus far, ignored my box.

She doesn't like it when they do that

On 2/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I just dropped off my 100 books for grading at the PO to be sent to CGC 2 hours ago.  

It has not arrived at CGC yet.

I probably should file a missing persons report with the police because I assume they should take this package just as serious as a missing child.

I am outraged!  I will start a thread to confirm my venting of now now now me me me! 

My life is over and the comic books must be lost!

image.png.4b89b4704be9addcd1b645e0e897cfac.png

Or......they just forgot a scan which happens all the time and the package is probably fine. 

My post has aged real good really fast.

Yes I am talking to you OP. :baiting:

On 2/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, Otter1775 said:

I agree with all the comments concerning your anxiousness concerning your package. Give it some time. In the future, I recommend with USPS, choose Certified Mail. The packaging of the container is more time consuming, but well worth the effort in the end; e.g., all edges must be taped, not the typical Medium Fixed Rate box a lot of people use. I learned this first hand when I shipped out my SS Danger Girl CGC 9.6, Ruby Red Variant to be pressed and regraded. The postal worker explained to me the difference between regular mail and the benefit of using Certified Mail. Also, Certified Mail is handled differently; e.g., placed in secure cages under lock and key. In addition, due to the tracking & security of said packages, Post Masters are the ones that are held accountable and answer for any lost Certified Mail under their supervision. That I learned from my mother, who’s a retired US Postal carrier and Post Master after the fact. Hope they locate it. 

Heavy emphasis on "more time consuming." With this option, I've seen packages sit at USPS facilities for 5 days without moving. Then when it proceeds to the next stop, another 3-5 days, and repeat.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:24 AM, Msgarmar said:

It's been lost since last Thursday, so not at the full week yet to make a claim.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:43 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

Last Thursday? :facepalm:  That's not even close to "lost" yet.

Just trying to put you and your books in practice mode for the year long wait at CGC, as you'll find that CGC moves at a snail-like pace in comparison to the cheetal-like pace of the Post Office when you compare the two operations.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap: :frustrated: lol

Edited by lou_fine