• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m moving! How do you get ahold of these people?

15 posts in this topic

I’ve tried contacting CGC but they don’t respond. It’s been 2 months now without a response and I now move next week. I submitted books back in June and the status hasn’t changed other than they’ve received my books. I get they’re backed up, but not being able to update my info so I someday receive my books is ridiculous. 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:08 AM, Tlos1744 said:

I’ve tried contacting CGC but they don’t respond. It’s been 2 months now without a response and I now move next week. I submitted books back in June and the status hasn’t changed other than they’ve received my books. I get they’re backed up, but not being able to update my info so I someday receive my books is ridiculous. 

here's what I would try:

1. email - give your order/invoice # and your new information.  Ask them to confirm they made the change.  Look on the website for the email address.

2.  phone - call them.  Customer service phone number is on their website.  Make sure you call during Florida business hours.

3.  there is an "ask CGC" subforum here on the boards.  If you dig around even the slightest bit you will find it.  Ask your question there (omit personal information), but they should contact you privately or direct you to the right place.  They typically answer in 2 days or less I think.

4.  Social Media - facebook, twitter, instagram - I'm pretty sure they have accounts at all of these.  If you've done all of the above with no response, dm them.  If they still don't respond after that, call them out publicly.

5.  LinkedIn - if all else fails, see who works at CGC and start trying to contact employees.

good luck.

others may have better ideas, but I can't see it going past the first 3.

Have always gotten quick email replies.... Your email probably got lost in the shuffle, but suggest not waiting months for a reply. Call them, make direct contact... don't leave a message. Good luck.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Pretty bad when people offer up 5 different ways of contacting this company and then ending with "good luck".

Anyone have a 6th or 7th ?

I would say call or email works 98% of the time, if you’re just a little bit persistent

Pretty bad when people offer up 5 different ways of contacting this company and then ending with "good luck".

6) Walk, run, bike, drive, fly to CGC Headquarters listed on their website.  Politely ask to be directed to customer service.  Notify them of your change in address.

7) Include the value of the books in the sale price of the old home and let the new homeowners keep the package when it's delivered while you surf the CGC boards for a replacement copy.

:insane:

"good luck"; meaning being proactive with just a week before moving and good luck getting the coach up three flights of stairs at the new digs.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:28 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've never not reached someone when calling them.

Sadly I have been calling non stop and can't get an answer. Accounting sits on busy and then disconnects and says leave a message but then says voice-mail is disabled for this extension. I tried calling normal customer service they answered and asked what I needed and before I could even finish explaining the problem they heard changing payment on file and transfered me without making sure someone was on the other line and then after so long I got the same disconnect and message I got before. 

I called last week about a submission I had submitted back June that had just moved to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging right before I was set to move. Called 1-877-NM-COMIC and spoke to customer service and gave them my new address to update my submitted orders.  They sent me an email to confirm my new address while on the phone and confirmed she got my reply.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, james_c said:

I called last week about a submission I had submitted back June that had just moved to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging right before I was set to move. Called 1-877-NM-COMIC and spoke to customer service and gave them my new address to update my submitted orders.  They sent me an email to confirm my new address while on the phone and confirmed she got my reply.

This is the way!

On 2/22/2022 at 1:39 PM, Matt Shell said:

Sadly I have been calling non stop and can't get an answer. Accounting sits on busy and then disconnects and says leave a message but then says voice-mail is disabled for this extension. I tried calling normal customer service they answered and asked what I needed and before I could even finish explaining the problem they heard changing payment on file and transfered me without making sure someone was on the other line and then after so long I got the same disconnect and message I got before. 

My understanding is the billing side is overloaded and doesn't answer much of anything in that manner.  Best to just call normal CS and see if they can forward your new info over to the correct department (if they cannot handle it themselves).