• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do magazines take so long?
4 4

21 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, MmHmm said:

Isn't there also a problem because there's no dedicated encapsulation machine for magazines?

which also supports " not as profitable "... cgc is going to invest in the machines that make the corporation more money

magazines just don't come close to approaching the values that comics books command and therefore, less profitable to slab.

I'd say brainstorm yourself from a operational and business perspective why it might be slower, and its probably a combination of those factors.

- Start with magazines make a zillion times less submissions (and revenues) than comics, then go from there.

I've got 2 mags in that I submitted 8-11-21.  They've been in for a little over 6 months and have been in G/E/I for at least 2 months.

The worst part about it is that 1 was 1974 "economy tier" and one was 1975 "modern tier".  For some reason I separated the tiers instead of just paying a little extra to have them in the same tier.  They were the only mags in the submission so they will be individually shipped to me when they're done.  REALLY bad planning on my part.

Am I gonna have to wait another 6 months?  It's really deceptive when the status switches to "Grading/Encapsulation" and it just sits there for months.

On 2/19/2022 at 2:56 AM, wombat said:

It seems clear between the time it is taking and the grades they are giving they are trying really hard to dissuade magazine subs. 

It sure does look that way, but I sent some anyway because I'm a Divvy.