• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever gotten this screen when trying to snipe a comic at the last second on ebay?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

That's an interesting result.  Maybe their waiting to see which "winner" will slip them an extra $50 as a tip.

I never see any of those messages.  I use Gixen for sniping, a free service that works very reliably.  Or it's like $6 per year for Gixen Mirror, a redundant service that double bids in case the first one fails.  You set it and forget it.

I would never take a chance on bidding live.  Too many variables - clocks not synced up, power failure, loss of connectivity at exactly the wrong moment, human error, etc.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:10 PM, B2D327 said:

Never seen that one. I have gotten the “sorry, you missed out on this item” immediately after putting in a sniper bid only to get an email saying “congratulations, you won” seconds later.(shrug)

Ditto.  Mine wasn't at the last second though and I was hoping someone would outbid me as I sort of lost interest.

Refreshed, got that message and was kind of relieved I lost.   Then I had an email saying "pay now"....

On 2/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Ditto.  Mine wasn't at the last second though and I was hoping someone would outbid me as I sort of lost interest.

Refreshed, got that message and was kind of relieved I lost.   Then I had an email saying "pay now"....

wait what

On 2/23/2022 at 12:00 AM, kav said:

wait what

I'll reword the whole thing.  Sometimes my comments don't make sense after I actually see them typed out.

I had bid on some books recently.  Kinda regretting it but whatever, if I get them, I get them.  So I refreshed the screen at the last second and it said something like "sorry you missed out on this item" (or something similar).  I honestly don't remember.  Anyway, I got an email (or maybe a notification) saying I won and could pay now.  Went back and refreshed the page and sure enough the message changed to "congratulations".