• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Biggest Peeve When Trying To Buy On Ebay?
3 3

126 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 5:47 PM, path4play said:

If you think it works?  If I have a [comic name here] [comic issue here] does "Wow" or "Rare" really help sales?  I might add an artist name [Baker] or comic category [Good Girl] or detail [coverless] which I presume buyers might search or have an alert set for.  Does anyone search for "Wow" or "Rare"?

All said and done, pretty minor infraction compared to NOT putting "Brittle" in any of the info, and receiving a bag o chips.

point taken. Just a bad habit i picked up years ago. If it is indeed a "rare' item, I'm sure a buyer can determine that on their own

Edited by Courageous Cat

Can’t stand when you add an auction to your watch list, and eBay immediately says “BID NOW AND GET A DEAL!!!” when there’s a week to go and of course you’d never bid that way as you pressed the watch button which obviously implies that you aren’t going to bid on it.

Besides bidding on the item at any other time before the very end just isn’t good strategy. 

On 3/25/2022 at 8:08 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I like the eBay emails that commiserate for your missing out on Gorgo #5, tell you not to worry because they will help you find another, and then proceed to offer up listings for coffee makers and car parts as potential substitutes.

Yep, that is golden. lol

For years I've been getting those emails - "Startling Comics 31 sold for $$$. Still interested? Or " You missed out on the Startling Comics 31. We want to help you find what you're looking for".

They could've helped by not wrecking the searches to please their shareholders and getting a clue about how collectibles markets work. :mad:

On 3/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, goldust40 said:

Yep, that is golden. lol

For years I've been getting those emails - "Startling Comics 31 sold for $$$. Still interested? Or " You missed out on the Startling Comics 31. We want to help you find what you're looking for".

They could've helped by not wrecking the searches to please their shareholders and getting a clue about how collectibles markets work. :mad:

I miss the early days of ebay, when at least they created the illusion that they cared about the little man or woman.

Now ebay works on exactly the same principle as a seller who has a huge amount of feedback who doesn't care about a few negs on their feedback as it doesn't impact their business in terms of sales. They know people are unhappy with lots of their practices but they don't really give a flying fadoodle as long as the money keeps rolling in.

As long as people keep listing and buying, ebay laughs all the way to the bank.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:46 PM, G-G © ® ™ said:

I miss the early days of ebay, when at least they created the illusion that they cared about the little man or woman.

Now ebay works on exactly the same principle as a seller who has a huge amount of feedback who doesn't care about a few negs on their feedback as it doesn't impact their business in terms of sales. They know people are unhappy with lots of their practices but they don't really give a flying fadoodle as long as the money keeps rolling in.

As long as people keep listing and buying, ebay laughs all the way to the bank.

As has been mentioned in this very sub forum, in those halycon days eBay was the market, and now, especially for GA and pre-code, it just isn't anymore. There's some good stuff here and there, but the lion's share of it has migrated to Heritage and its competitors. Not that it''ll be of much concern to the Bay...