• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why only 8 months when turnaround time is longer?
3 3

29 posts in this topic

Why is the submissions list limited to only 8 months when turnaround time is longer than that? I have submissions now which I can't see anymore since they are older than 8 months...

I did download a list so I have the order numbers but why not keep all unshipped and incomplete orders visible until at lease a month has passed after they ship??

I agree that the TATs are causing issues with things like this. Length of memberships is becoming an issue as well, and forget paying by check if the check is dated when you mail it.

And yet TATs increased again today, something like 30 more days for both modern and economy. 20 or so for standard as well.

Edited by Bird

I'm not saying its not a good question.  From a practical perspective, most likely CGC was thinking or hoping turnaround times would be shorter than 8 months in all 'normal' situations, even though they are quite a bit longer at the moment (they weren't always this long).  And in theory, CGC is working on faster procedures to improve this or that.  Also, blah blah excuses or whatever which may or may not be legitimate or may or may not matter to any given consumer.

BUT I also don't know why CGC would specifically answer this question, or if any random internet stranger has anything other than conjecture

On 3/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, revat said:

I'm not saying its not a good question.  From a practical perspective, most likely CGC was thinking or hoping turnaround times would be shorter than 8 months in all 'normal' situations, even though they are quite a bit longer at the moment (they weren't always this long).  And in theory, CGC is working on faster procedures to improve this or that.  Also, blah blah excuses or whatever which may or may not be legitimate or may or may not matter to any given consumer.

BUT I also don't know why CGC would specifically answer this question, or if any random internet stranger has anything other than conjecture

Indeed. It's also broken. If you use an order number to look up items that are still outstanding but part of the order has shipped you won't see the outstanding items... just the ones that shipped first not others that shipped later or those still in the queue. So not only are they not in the list there's no way to see them.

Edited by Joe Fox

On 2/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, Bird said:

I agree that the TATs are causing issues with things like this. Length of memberships is becoming an issue as well, and forget paying by check if the check is dated when you mail it.

And yet TATs increased again today, something like 30 more days for both modern and economy. 20 or so for standard as well.

amazing - pressing is 250 working days (Econ or Modern)  and grading is 220 or 146 for those tiers (all non fast track)

470 working days max - geez 2 years is ~520 working days

• Administrator
On 3/1/2022 at 9:21 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

For invoices older than 8 months, you would have to have the submission number to access any information about that submission.  Unfortunately, you can't see anything on your submission tracking older than 8 months so you would have to contact us to obtain that information for you on those older submissions.  We are working on getting that changed so goin forward there is no time limit on how long invoices stay on your account but we don't yet have a date when that will be updated, unfortunately.  But once that is updated, it will be much easier for the customer to keep track.

Thank you!

This is the main reason I'm not renewing my membership this year. I'm cool with them being backed up like crazy and having a long turn-around, but if I can't even see my books because you've slipped beyond the capabilities of your system (and I reported this to them a couple months ago, with no response) then I'm out. Hopefully all my books from early last year turn up eventually and I'll cut my loses.

I'll buy pre-graded books second hand from now on to avoid the hassle.

Make sure you shut off autorenew if you feel the same way..

On 3/2/2022 at 9:44 AM, Gaard said:
On 2/28/2022 at 4:39 PM, revat said:

BUT I also don't know why CGC would specifically answer this question,

Why wouldn't they?

Is there a satisfactory answer without corresponding corrective action (which I would argue is more important to the customer than the original reasoning)? 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:54 PM, revat said:

Is there a satisfactory answer without corresponding corrective action (which I would argue is more important to the customer than the original reasoning)? 

Yes, there is.

An apology and acknowledgement of the issue along with a promise that they are working to correct it. Sure those are all standard customer service platitudes, which are effectively meaningless until you compare them to just outright ignoring the question and being unresponsive. When that's your point of comparison those empty sentiments can actually mean alot to a customer.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, csaag said:

amazing - pressing is 250 working days (Econ or Modern)  and grading is 220 or 146 for those tiers (all non fast track)

470 working days max - geez 2 years is ~520 working days

Geez my wife could spit out 2 babies in less time.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:09 AM, zypher said:

Yes, there is.

An apology and acknowledgement of the issue along with a promise that they are working to correct it. Sure those are all standard customer service platitudes, which are effectively meaningless until you compare them to just outright ignoring the question and being unresponsive. When that's your point of comparison those empty sentiments can actually mean alot to a customer.

I don’t think you’re wrong, but I think we’re talking about two different things.

an apology is not “why” something happened.

a promise to work on it is not “why” something happened. 

On 3/2/2022 at 9:54 AM, zypher said:

This is the main reason I'm not renewing my membership this year. I'm cool with them being backed up like crazy and having a long turn-around, but if I can't even see my books because you've slipped beyond the capabilities of your system (and I reported this to them a couple months ago, with no response) then I'm out. Hopefully all my books from early last year turn up eventually and I'll cut my loses.

me too, I feel better being able to see my submissions and their progress...but although, for me, 220 days (44 weeks) is just too long to wait

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 3/2/2022 at 12:54 PM, revat said:

Not to be argumentative, but couldn't you ask that exact same question to every 'why' question a customer might have?

On 3/3/2022 at 2:54 AM, zypher said:

Please see CGC Mike's response

On 3/3/2022 at 3:09 AM, zypher said:

Yes, there is.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, Joe Fox said:

A quoted response from CGC to another user doesn't invalidate the complete lack of response to me, a separate paying customer. I appreciate someone got some info out of them but it's open ended and wasn't even supplied to me via an official channel. I stand by my statement and will continue to until I receive an answer to my official inquiry.