• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Comics!
3 3

27 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2022 at 2:24 PM, Terry JSA said:

From my experience, FedEx or USPS signs it themselves and leaves at your front doorstep.

From my experience, both are always asking for my signature. I am sorry about your horrible experience you have to cope.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, Terry JSA said:

From my experience, FedEx or USPS signs it themselves and leaves at your front doorstep.

THIS, most of the time. 

Covid changed the rules on signing, and the carriers and drivers are reluctant to change back.  Very annoying to the submitter when they don't personally hand you the $3000 package and ask for a signature. 

CIS insurance, which you might be relying on, requires a signature at upon arrival at CGC, upon receipt at your end.  As soon as the driver signs it, the appearance is that you accepted it, have it in hand.  Obviously not always the case.  Now you have to defend something you didn't sign for personally.

In the original post, there are no submission numbers.  The numbers that begin CGCxxxxxx are order numbers, meaningless to anyone but the submitter and CGC.

Orders have a submission number, 7 digits, but not shown.  When you append the line item of the comic (001, 002, etc.) you get the full registration number aka certification number.  That's what people need to be able to identify a book from those batches.

I'll say this.

It also may be regional, with each service due to th current protocol.

My Jim Lee X-men #266 sketch was out for delivery and I was unable to be home to sign.

I expected them to sign and leave on the porch, I was to be home soon, but no they didn't. They left the sign on the door at 9 am in the morning. I could have been home, but they usually come later, and yadda yadda yadda I was trying to get it done earlier in the day to BE home.

Yet had to wait till the next day.

In short they used too, but didnt the most recent time.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Lightning55 said:

THIS, most of the time. 

Covid changed the rules on signing, and the carriers and drivers are reluctant to change back.  Very annoying to the submitter when they don't personally hand you the $3000 package and ask for a signature. 

CIS insurance, which you might be relying on, requires a signature at upon arrival at CGC, upon receipt at your end.  As soon as the driver signs it, the appearance is that you accepted it, have it in hand.  Obviously not always the case.  Now you have to defend something you didn't sign for personally.

Sounds like a great reason to get a Ring doorbell.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:02 PM, kav said:

I've never had an amazon driver ring my doorbell or knock.  Just toss on porch and run off.

I had this problem until they ate a $600 mini-PC, twice, because it was left out in the weather instead of following the delivery instructions.

Now they knock and ring the doorbell.

As for the thievery, that is just plain sad.  I hope they catch the bandits and do terrible things to them. :censored: