• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s with all the US ONLY selling threads?
4 4

162 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2022 at 5:11 PM, thehumantorch said:

Reveal hidden contents

Calgary Expo  :wishluck:

I went to Calgary Stampede when I was 11 - that was 50 years ago...., 

On 3/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, thehumantorch said:
On 3/17/2022 at 5:28 PM, lizards2 said:

I went to Calgary Stampede when I was 11 - that was 50 years ago...., 

You should come to the Calgary Comicon.  Join us for beer and wings

That sounds like fun. But probably a bridge too far, as I don't think I qualify for entry to the country. No passport, no vacs - undocumented and unclean.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, lizards2 said:

That sounds like fun. But probably a bridge too far, as I don't think I qualify for entry to the country. No passport, no vacs - undocumented and unclean.

Meh, just show up riding a moose

On 3/17/2022 at 6:45 PM, The Meta said:

Meh, just show up riding a moose

I am actually on the Moose Watch List.

There was an incident in 1986 which involved the breaching of the hitchhiker door on my Ford F-150. 

Meh..., Yukon Territory - who would think they would be such prudes?

On 3/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, lizards2 said:

I am actually on the Moose Watch List.

There was an incident in 1986 which involved the breaching of the hitchhiker door on my Ford F-150. 

Meh..., Yukon Territory - who would think they would be such prudes?

Danged blubber eaters

On 3/17/2022 at 6:51 PM, The Meta said:

Danged blubber eaters

More like skeeter eaters.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, lizards2 said:

you are a lizard, unclean comes with the territory.

On 3/17/2022 at 8:23 AM, Robot Man said:

I got burned 3 times on EBay selling out of country without tracking. Buyers claimed they never got it. If you add tracking, the rates are crazy. Learned my lesson.

I only sell to buyers here that are out of country and are in good standing. Never had a problem. 

Ditto

Recently quoted $69+ for tracked/insured. Buyer balked so sending untracked and crossing my fingers

There are boardies here I would not hesitate, but only the ones I know.

Impossible to get a price beforehand and I go to PO. So then it is 2 trips and waiting in line twice and then some buyers want me to lie on the customs form(I refuse to). Just a massive headache.

On 3/17/2022 at 2:41 PM, Kripsys99 said:

For comparison, here is an item I purchased on eBay through the GSP - I have not yet received it. Woodhaven, NY to Ottawa is 450 miles.

1526603329_Screenshot_20220317-1437482.thumb.png.72bc806b89b752084dce94aa96342611.pngScreenshot_20220317-143816.thumb.png.8daa679f6350ea5399734015c5e8a428.png

One week later - still no package. I hate GSP! :(

My favorite thing is scanning the first post of every sales thread to see if I have permission to proceed. 

This thread really makes me appreciate all the guys around here who have offered to receive/ship stuff on my behalf. I don't take them up on it, because I think the person taking my money should do the work, but it truly is appreciated. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:52 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Ditto

Recently quoted $69+ for tracked/insured. Buyer balked so sending untracked and crossing my fingers

There are boardies here I would not hesitate, but only the ones I know.

Impossible to get a price beforehand and I go to PO. So then it is 2 trips and waiting in line twice and then some buyers want me to lie on the customs form(I refuse to). Just a massive headache.

Why is it impossible to get a price beforehand? Usps.com can give you international shipping quotes with no trouble (unless I am misunderstanding you).

On 7/20/2022 at 5:00 AM, Point Five said:

Why is it impossible to get a price beforehand? Usps.com can give you international shipping quotes with no trouble (unless I am misunderstanding you).

I give my best guess on weight and tracking and I often get the “it shouldn’t cost that much”

It is simply a matter of my time is much more to Canada. I would rather sell it for less in the US. In the long run I lose too much of my time and if something goes wrong I really lose my azz.

Bottom line IS the bottom line. I make more selling in the US at a much lower price.