• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clarification on credit expiration
2 2

6 posts in this topic

My understanding is that the membership credit expires once the membership period is over and does NOT carry over in the next renewal period. Assuming that is correct, is the rule that the credit can be applied as long as CGC receives the shipment before the expiration date?

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

That is correct. CGC would be able to apply any Membership Credit assuming it was received before the expiration date of your account. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I realize CGC benefits from not showing the credit online but it's a real pain for those who want to know if they have a credit available.  I just called customer service and asked how much credit I had available and when it expired.  They took my customer service pulled up my account and then said they don't have access to the information and would need to contact billing.  I was put on hold for 15 minutes afterwhich they apologized and said they also had to wait to find someone from billing that could see the information!   I think it's time to be more transparent about these credits, it is really wasting a lot of time from customers and support staff that may actually cost CGC more money in personnel time as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had the same issue. 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, JW Comics said:

I realize CGC benefits from not showing the credit online but it's a real pain for those who want to know if they have a credit available.  I just called customer service and asked how much credit I had available and when it expired.  They took my customer service pulled up my account and then said they don't have access to the information and would need to contact billing.  I was put on hold for 15 minutes afterwhich they apologized and said they also had to wait to find someone from billing that could see the information!   I think it's time to be more transparent about these credits, it is really wasting a lot of time from customers and support staff that may actually cost CGC more money in personnel time as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had the same issue. 

THANK YOU.  All of this.  It seems to me that both CGC *and* the customers would benefit from an online reference to members' financial accounts, including past/current charges, payments made, and credits (promotional and otherwise) applied to an account.  Nearly every other company that does major online business has this financial transparency . 

• Administrator
On 3/19/2022 at 5:21 PM, Gabe91 said:

where can i apply my credit? i just started my premium subscription but at checkout i had no option to use my credits. how do i apply them?

We will apply the grading credit for you.