• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I feel?

51 posts in this topic

yes, i absolutely remember u and i getting caught in that. it was an interesting aftermath with all us buyers communicating with one another. perhaps u remember it was tomega who contacted us from the boards. (look at our dates of registration...)

i still have rustysstarwars saved as a "favorite seller" (so that i wouldn't lose site of him). he's since completely deleted his account (a step further than NARU) to the point that his name appears as a string of non-sense characters.

hi.gif

I had forgotten about that rustystarwars jerk, ah memories.......

a link to how I found these boards and once again mate thankyou.

RUSTYSSTARWARS

I am falling out of love with this board , I thought it was enlightened but its not , it's just full of people crowing about how much they got for some common overgraded comic in a blue slab guess what ? all slabs will now be blue a bonanza for all .

Wow. If that really is all you see when you come on the boards then maybe you should leave. I'd have to say that your perception of who is on these boards is way off. What you describe is the exception, not the rule around here. The vast majority of people here are not as you described.

You are the guy that quoted the "market" as a factor for giving up .

I hate this market driven thing , if I have offended you I am sorry but these words like " market " & "FMV " make my stomach turn .

Why not ask about other factors for giving up , inconsistant grading , slab damage . missed restro .

NO it's always the MONEY / MARKET .

But Bill, there is a big difference between "giving up on CGC comics" and "giving up comic collecting".

That I agree on , maybe I should take oldguys advise and just leave this forum and go back to the old way of con / mart buying raw mid grade comics and read the stories and admire the art .

After all you can't read a comic through a slab .

Check out my unslabbed collection on the registry .

You are the guy that quoted the "market" as a factor for giving up .

I hate this market driven thing , if I have offended you I am sorry but these words like " market " & "FMV " make my stomach turn .

Why not ask about other factors for giving up , inconsistant grading , slab damage . missed restro .

NO it's always the MONEY / MARKET .

Bill, I think Mushroom was concerned about those things, but also how those things affected the market. Sorry if that term makes your stomach turn, but it's an apt term for any arena where items are bought/sold.

Just about everyone here is passionate about the books, but some are collecting high-dollar books where money is a factor, and one has to protect themselves by having knowledge of---get ready for it--- the market.

That doesn't mean it's ALL about the money.

Mushroon,

Have you considered moving to Original Comic Art ?,...JUST CURIOUS.

KK

You are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

By the way in the REAL artworld your little pencil and ink drawings are called preliminaries and not art at all.

What in Blue Blazes are you talking about ? ? ? ? They are most certainly not prelim's...they are published works !?!?!?!?

And the beauty of Art is,...besides that it is going up, up, up in value,...it is displayable on a wall. UTILITARIAN !

kk

PS - I never called you a harsh name,...why the bad energy, daddy-ooo ?

817086001o.jpg

802001037o.jpg

817003016o.jpg

817086002o.jpg

803035024o.jpg

817014001o.jpg

.....go back to the old way of con / mart buying raw mid grade comics and read the stories and admire the art.

But you can do that here! Check out the Market Place forum for some great deals on raw books being sold by good people. thumbsup2.gif

But Bill, there is a big difference between "giving up on CGC comics" and "giving up comic collecting".

You are absolutely right. I never said that I had given up on comics.

Bill....you need to chill out. Everybody collects in different ways. Some people drive morris minors and some people drive ferraris. I don't know why you think you are a more pure collector than others.

I didn't buy my slabs for investment purposes, I bought them because I wanted the best copies of those books I could get. Now if you think it would make me a better person to ignore market trends and see the amount of money I have spent to build up my COLLECTION halved within a short period of time then I guess I will just have to live with this defficiency in my character (unless of course you can convince my wife that blowing a $100,000 on deteriorating paper will make our marriage stronger).

I think you should get down from your cross and take a broader look at comic collecting and how different the collecting demographics are rather than only see it from your own myopic viewpoint.

Mushroon,

KK

By the way in the REAL artworld your little pencil and ink drawings are called preliminaries and not art at all.

What in Blue Blazes are you talking about ? ? ? ? They are most certainly not prelim's...they are published works !?!?!?!?

And the beauty of Art is,...besides that it is going up, up, up in value,...it is displayable on a wall. UTILITARIAN !

kk

How were any of those prelims published works? Were those comic books published in black and white????

Mushroon,

KK

kk

How were any of those prelims published works? Were those comic books published in black and white????

You obviously dont know the nomenclature. A prelim is a non-published work up to a published piece. If your trying to be 'closed minded' well than,..thats another matter. If you want to make up terminology go ahead,..but no one is gonna know what in blue blazes you are talking about.

In the art world (especially with watercolour artists) pencil prelims are undertaken before applying the colour wash. These are definitely prelims and form part of the final completed art.

Art is like gossamer,...not defined by technique.

In the art world (especially with watercolour artists) pencil prelims are undertaken before applying the colour wash. These are definitely prelims and form part of the final completed art.

You are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.........

Not bound by technique, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm.........let's see now, expressionism, cubism, surrealism, art deco, etc etc etc etc hate to say it doofus but art is definitely driven by technique.

You are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.........

Not bound by technique, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm.........let's see now, expressionism, cubism, surrealism, art deco, etc etc etc etc hate to say it doofus but art is definitely driven by technique.

You really are showing your ignorance here.

So your argument,..let me get this straight,..is that OA is not art,...

because 'the process'...by which OA came into exists,...is only one step,...which ultimately led,..to the production of the comic book ???

THAT IS A STUPID [embarrassing lack of self control] ARGUMENT (that is,..if that IS your argument)

kk