• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The price of comic supplies is too damn high!
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, Domo Arigato said:

What size were they?

I had 15 combo packs of these in Standard size that I sold in the marketplace forum a month ago.  I announced the sale n the "What's up with with Ernie Gerber Enterprises" thread here in Comics General.  They were selling for $99 on Ebay at the time.  I had them priced at $79 delivered per combo pack and they all sold within two days.

They were standard.

Dang, after 35 years I'm planning on finally buying more Mylites. Last time I bought them I got a thousand for $110.00. I figure I've got to buy close to 20k more, plus backing boards, to bag and board my whole collection..I guess I'd better start saving up. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:30 AM, ThreeSeas said:

Dang, after 35 years I'm planning on finally buying more Mylites. Last time I bought them I got a thousand for $110.00. I figure I've got to buy close to 20k more, plus backing boards, to bag and board my whole collection..I guess I'd better start saving up. 

At the price I paid of $100 for 50 mylites2's and boards, 20k sets should only cost you $40,000.  :whatthe:

For a long while, I couldn't find SA Mylites 2 at ANY price. Every Mylar in town was sold out, and all of the online suppliers were out. A boat must have come in, because a month or two ago, there were suddenly several listing for SA Mylite 2's on eBay. I paid $35.99 shipped for 50 Silver/Gold Mylites2, and was happy to do it. Now the thing I can't find is Golden Age toploaders. They're out there, but they have gotten ridiculously pricey. 

My thinking is if we can wait a year for grading, we can wait a while for supplies... Buying direct from eGerber is still the way to go even if you don't need that much. If you ever set up at a local show, people always tend to buy them if you have them at a decent price. (For your excess packs.) Buying direct lowers your cost to less than $10 for a pack of 50 usually. (19.2 cents per Standard Mylites2 before shipping.)

Edited by sckao

On 3/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, sckao said:

My thinking is if we can wait a year for grading, we can wait a while for supplies... Buying direct from eGerber is still the way to go even if you don't need that much. If you ever set up at a local show, people always tend to buy them if you have them at a decent price. (For your excess packs.) Buying direct lowers your cost to less than $10 for a pack of 50 usually. (19.2 cents per Standard Mylites2 before shipping.)

I've been looking at those recently (725M2).  About .212 with shipping if you buy 1K correct?  How long does it take eGerber to full fill in your experience?  (much longer than the local LCS or Amazon I'm sure)  Thanks.

On 3/16/2022 at 1:24 PM, JJ-4 said:

I've been looking at those recently (725M2).  About .212 with shipping if you buy 1K correct?  How long does it take eGerber to full fill in your experience?  (much longer than the local LCS or Amazon I'm sure)  Thanks.

You have to call them. They are backed up right now and may not even be accepting orders for various inventory items I think. (They'll let you know probably when depending on what you order of course.)

BCW has been having supply issues as well but they seem to be caught up I think. (I've received about 6-8000 bags and boards recently and 2000 magazine boards ordered this week with no delays.) They're always a good temporary measure until you get your Mylites2/Fullback combos in. 

Edited by sckao

On 3/16/2022 at 1:31 PM, supapimp said:

All this stuff comes from China, right 

Florida Man apparently makes that claim.

But yes, probably. Lost in shipping containers off the coasts.