• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect auction ending today (3/14)
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, Aman619 said:

they probably cant fix the website until they pay the guy for the revamp a few years ago!   We have no idea who created the new website, but Im thinking it was Stan Lee!

Wait, they paid someone for the revamp?! It was so badly done that I figured it was a family favour from Vinnie’s cousin.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, tth2 said:

The BP is part of the price.  Don't think of them as separate things, just look at the total price as your actual cost.  I've never cared about what the hammer price at Heritage is, because I just figure out what the total price that I'm willing to pay is, divide by 1.2 and that's the number I bid.  

Thanks for the breakdown!  I appreciate it.

This being my first interaction with ComicConnect, I elected to pay via check (since they wanted to charge 3% extra for PayPal or credit card payments) and when I received the invoice, there was no charge for shipping or taxes…just the actual amount for my winning bid.  Is this normal for ComicConnect auctions?

On 3/16/2022 at 1:34 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

Thanks for the breakdown!  I appreciate it.

This being my first interaction with ComicConnect, I elected to pay via check (since they wanted to charge 3% extra for PayPal or credit card payments) and when I received the invoice, there was no charge for shipping or taxes…just the actual amount for my winning bid.  Is this normal for ComicConnect auctions?

Pretty sure I paid shipping on top. An extra $35 or so a few years ago.

On 3/16/2022 at 12:49 PM, Twanj said:

Pretty sure I paid shipping on top. An extra $35 or so a few years ago.

Thanks.  Well, it’s been a few days and nothing from ComicConnect so I just printed their invoice and included it with my check that I mailed to them.  I’ll wait and see if there are any issues.  They say 3-4 weeks for shipping so I hope to get the art by then.

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

On 3/17/2022 at 11:53 AM, Rodey said:

I missed out on the Bagley New Warriors page. Shucks. 

I have a page with which I may consider parting if you’re in the market. Not totally sure yet but feel free to drop me a line if you’re interested. 

Closing prices were 💪. I’m excited to see how Heritage does next month. Fun time to be in the hobby!

On 3/19/2022 at 8:29 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I don’t follow the CC auctions…anything closed at a very strong price?  Conversely, anything below FMV?

I thought this Ron Lim panel page (Galactus & Nova) was strong at $10,500

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/949260

Edited by Twanj

On 3/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, Twanj said:

I thought this Ron Lim panel page (Galactus & Nova) was strong at $10,500

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/949260

These Lim SS sales were hit with a heavy Galactus Tax! 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/ron-lim-and-randy-emberlin-silver-surfer-24-story-page-2-original-art-marvel-1989-/a/322205-46093.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I had won the Tony Daniel Batman page from Batman and Robin Eternal and stopped by the Metro office to pick it up.   I had asked my Wise Man, @jaybuck43 as to what he thought the page would go for and I planned to outbid if necessary to take it home.  

Now, why did I do that? 

I like Tony Daniel's work.  I liked his pencils on Superman and I liked his Batman stuff.  I have always wanted a page where Batman is dangling someone off a roof or interrogating them.  To this day I remember 14 year old me getting goosebumps and cheering in the theater when Keaton's Batman held someone over a ledge and says, "I'm Batman" the audience.    This story had everything I was looking for in a page like this from the cinematic layout to the closeups on Batman as he cranks the intimidation factor up with each panel.  The published page tells a more complete story and if I decide to frame this, it might be with the comic page as well. 

So, what's it "worth" ?  It's worth whatever I was willing to pay.   I buy comic pages for the characters and not the artists.  If it looks "cool" I am willing to open the wallet regardless of the artist.  If it doesn't then I will pass no matter who the artist is. 

The one thing that was interesting was the massive explosion on art.  I had picked this up for $850 + tax.  In early 2020, I had picked up the Tony Daniel Superman double for $250 through Comiclink Auction. I understand why I paid what I did for the GI Joe 21 anniversary page a couple of months ago.  But I was a little surprised. 

Images are of the Batman page, the published page and the Superman double for reference. 

bat161.2.thumb.jpg.ea207199c1a13e5ea5de583b85de83df.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.01.59 PM.jpeg

V573PGJd_1202202314191gpadd.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/15/2022 at 10:11 AM, Buzzetta said:

I had won the Tony Daniel Batman page from Batman and Robin Eternal and stopped by the Metro office to pick it up.   I had asked my Wise Man, @jaybuck43 as to what he thought the page would go for and I planned to outbid if necessary to take it home.  

Now, why did I do that? 

I like Tony Daniel's work.  I liked his pencils on Superman and I liked his Batman stuff.  I have always wanted a page where Batman is dangling someone off a roof or interrogating them.  To this day I remember 14 year old me getting goosebumps and cheering in the theater when Keaton's Batman held someone over a ledge and says, "I'm Batman" the audience.    This story had everything I was looking for in a page like this from the cinematic layout to the closeups on Batman as he cranks the intimidation factor up with each panel.  The published page tells a more complete story and if I decide to frame this, it might be with the comic page as well. 

So, what's it "worth" ?  It's worth whatever I was willing to pay.   I buy comic pages for the characters and not the artists.  If it looks "cool" I am willing to open the wallet regardless of the artist.  If it doesn't then I will pass no matter who the artist is. 

The one thing that was interesting was the massive explosion on art.  I had picked this up for $850 + tax.  In early 2020, I had picked up the Tony Daniel Superman double for $250 through Comiclink Auction. I understand why I paid what I did for the GI Joe 21 anniversary page a couple of months ago.  But I was a little surprised. 

Images are of the Batman page, the published page and the Superman double for reference. 

bat161.2.thumb.jpg.ea207199c1a13e5ea5de583b85de83df.jpg

That was my page I bought directly from Tony and at the time it was one of the more expensive pages on his site. I'm glad it found a good home! 

On 4/16/2022 at 7:17 AM, Hockeyflow33 said:

That was my page I bought directly from Tony and at the time it was one of the more expensive pages on his site. I'm glad it found a good home! 

Thanks for making it available.  I really like it.