• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this what poor centering is considered?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, KCode98 said:

And how much does this effect value or sell-ability in your opinion?

Capture.JPG

A lot of mine are slightly misaligned. I suspect pressing exacerbates that (all of mine are pressed), but unless it's very noticeable, I don't think it affects value much. Miscuts bother me a lot more. If I'm buying a slab, I tend to look for one where the art is aligned correctly, not necessarily the comic itself.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:26 AM, Lord Gemini said:

A lot of mine are slightly misaligned. I suspect pressing exacerbates that (all of mine are pressed), but unless it's very noticeable, I don't think it affects value much. Miscuts bother me a lot more. If I'm buying a slab, I tend to look for one where the art is aligned correctly, not necessarily the comic itself.

Now I’m confused.   I thought they were asking about the book not being centered within the inner well :insane:

On 3/19/2022 at 9:29 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Now I’m confused.   I thought they were asking about the book not being centered within the inner well :insane:

Yeah, I believe they were. My comment wasn't the clearest. Ha ha. I just meant I'd be bothered far more by a miscut comic than one that is misaligned in the well. A couple taps WOULD probably take care of that.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, Lord Gemini said:

Yeah, I believe they were. My comment wasn't the clearest. Ha ha. I just meant I'd be bothered far more by a miscut comic than one that is misaligned in the well. A couple taps WOULD probably take care of that.

Phew

Thought I somehow missed something on the comic, and felt like a jerk for suggesting he tap the case:facepalm:

On 3/19/2022 at 9:59 AM, KCode98 said:

Well I didn't want to beat on it, but I tried. Didn't move...

When people speak of this, it is more to point out a "miswrap" on the comic. like half the back cover is on the front and so on

I understand this one in the slab is a regular size comic, but I wouldn't be worried about the value due to it. When it affects the value or when people want it "reholdered" is when the Comic is a different size than normal and misaligned in the CGC holder.

AN example of a book would be the Last Ronin, or this ASM Promo

GetImage.aspx?c=3276495&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

GetImage.aspx?c=4406358&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

as for the last ronin, despite being a magazine cgc holder, the issue is rather thinner than a traditional "magazine" and can "not" be centered when slabbed.

Either way, none of this has anything to do with the "comic itself" and doesn't hurt the comic, nor value, except when it comes to personal opinion or perception and preferance (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

so it's basically when it is so off centered in the case,

that it is off putting,

or when looking at the comic in the holder, it results in, that's all you see is the off center

a couple of milimeters off would NOT detract nor hurt value imo

But it would be an OPINION, and none the less, if anyone else feels differently :) 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, D2 said:

I always thought that perfect centering was referring to the cut of the book…

(shrug)

not centred in the case? Is that what all the hoopla is all about? Is if the book is perfectly centred in the case from CGC?

Not centered  in the inner well 

A198439F-444D-449F-8A65-94F2158FAB39.jpeg.ea1289963bb3b8baba1d1f7c191ac0f6.jpeg09938063-3E59-4CC0-9C89-C5CFBB3D9CE4.jpeg.5f23a1b9bc71139f81b60d70f2eaef43.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 3/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, D2 said:

I always thought that perfect centering was referring to the cut of the book…

(shrug)

not centred in the case? Is that what all the hoopla is all about? Is if the book is perfectly centred in the case from CGC?

Correct, so that being said, the answer to the title of this thread is "no".