• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on dealing with a Presser who lost two of my books- where to post this?
6 6

100 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, wombat said:

It would be really hard for the presser to decline that offer without looking horrible. What can he say? Its too much money? 

I predict that the presser will accept this offer and then, miracle of miracles, the two "missing" books will suddenly reappear. 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:37 PM, Dave2739 said:

I predict that the presser will accept this offer and then, miracle of miracles, the two "missing" books will suddenly reappear. 

hopefully someone else's do not then go missing!

• Administrator

This is the 3rd thread you have started.  The first was in marketplace probations.  The second was in the grading forum.  I merged the two, and moved them to comics general.  I have now merged this 3rd thread.  Do not start another one.  

On 3/23/2022 at 7:30 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

greggy jr. is right for a change.   Have him replace the books in grade. 

we split up. I walked into a thread and caught him cheating on me with another boardie :cry:

On 3/23/2022 at 5:51 PM, CGC Mike said:

This is the 3rd thread you have started.  The first was in marketplace probations.  The second was in the grading forum.  I merged the two, and moved them to comics general.  I have now merged this 3rd thread.  Do not start another one.  

Will do.   I started the last one because it contained all the details of the transaction.  I did not realize the threads would be merged.  My mistake.

I may have missed this, but did you submit the books through your own CGC account or the presser's?

If this is through the presser's account and you go scorched earth right now, you may be out more than two books when all is said and done.

On 3/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, jas1vans said:

I may have missed this, but did you submit the books through your own CGC account or the presser's?

If this is through the presser's account and you go scorched earth right now, you may be out more than two books when all is said and done.

I checked with CGC and the books were submitted under the presser's account with delivery to my home.  Don't know if the presser can pull them back.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, Bird said:

call again and see if cgc will lock in that delivery address somehow

Yes I started to type, that "his account under a different address" didnt jive, but would be speculation on my part.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, iexx said:

I checked with CGC and the books were submitted under the presser's account with delivery to my home.  Don't know if the presser can pull them back.

If you said cgc says so, get it in writing haha