• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your first comic book in your collection
4 4

41 posts in this topic

I think mine was something like TMNT adventures #2 or #3 the 80's version. Cause of the cartoon.

I remember not being impressed and wanting a " grown up comic", I was probably 8 in 1989 lol

Screenshot_20220324-181752_eBay.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/25/2022 at 2:10 AM, Mike Bray said:

still have it too , although its coverless now --

detective439-max-1400.jpg

Absolutely loved 100 pagers as a kid, but I was a pre-teen, voracious reader at this stage rather than a focused, committed collector.

The first comic I bought at more than cover price, from a mail order back issue dealer, the point of transition at which I got obsessively serious, was a ragged, ‘VG’ condition copy of Fantastic Four 20, in summer 1977.

Discovering that ‘good’ and ‘very good’ descriptors could be misleading and a surprise to the uninitiated, pretty much immediately.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/24/2022 at 7:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think mine was something like TMNT adventures #2 or #3 the 80's version. Cause of the cartoon.

I remember not being impressed and wanting a " grown up comic", I was probably 8 in 1989 lol

Screenshot_20220324-181752_eBay.jpg

So cool.  I have this comic as in NM condition as well.  It is sitting in my TBG (To Be Graded) pile.

I actually don't remember what my first comic was.  I would have to go back and see which of my childhood collection was released first.

I couldn't begin to tell you what my first comic book was. My brother and I had allot of McFarlane Spideys and early 90s X-Men. 

I can tell you the first Wizard magazine we ever bought with the price guide was what made me want to "collect" comics.

And the first comic I ever sought after to collect and preserve instead of read was a Fantastic Four 48, because SS was my favorite character.  And I still have that copy today, 20 years or so later.