• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of you comic people collect Hot Wheels?
4 4

329 posts in this topic

I don't collect them, but I always like looking through them at my local market-- they have a big wall display and several floor displays and dump bins full of them (somebody in management likes them).   I would pick up 2-3 each week on my regular shopping trips and then leave them on the porch of my 7 year old neighbor across the street because he had a HUGE collection.  From time to time when we'd visit with the family he'd always insist on taking me up to the attic where he had built this massive Hot Wheels track with loops and jumps and buildings-- it was really fun.   He told me he'd often come home from school and find another new one sitting on his porch (I'd take them out of the package) from the Hot Wheels Goblin (thanks for not calling me a fairy, son).   

He stopped playing with Hot Wheels about two years ago when he hit 15, so I stopped my tradition of leaving him cars.  I still flip through the displays from time to time-- I have two nephews in Japan who I will send them too but it's a lot more expensive than leaving them outside on a porch ;).

Looking forward to grandkids and I'll do my best to get them into Hot Wheels, I know I was a track fanatic when I was a kid and it's great to get a kid away from a screen for a while.

On 9/7/2024 at 8:05 PM, Raze said:

I didn't see ethier one of these. When I first got there , there were 5 cars on the rack and on a endcap there was a display box. I was looking for Batmoblies and cool looking cars and she walked up to me and said " I just put a case out" so I went to have a quick look. It would have been fun to find a rare or super rare but oh well...

Sometimes you just get what you get.

I went to the grocery store early this morning and they had put out two brand new cases last night. Of course, I missed the THs and a few other cool ones but I was just happy to get these. The Merc and the 68 Dodge Dart were my favorites. 

IMG_9576.jpeg

On 9/8/2024 at 2:14 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

This is new to me this week. A friend was having a clear out and thought of me. I told him this is a significant model and he just shrugged, wanted me to have it. Needless to say I was very happy! It has some toning, but very few chips and the redlines are nice and clear with maybe 80% of the chrome foil on the wheels. The motor is a little wonky/loose but for a gift horse (or bug,) I'm not going to complain. 

HotWheels VW Bug Paint Version.jpg

Awsome one. Real hard to find original Redlines any more. Love the VW Bug and the purple…:luhv:

You have a very good friend! 

On 9/8/2024 at 6:43 AM, AndyFish said:

I don't collect them, but I always like looking through them at my local market-- they have a big wall display and several floor displays and dump bins full of them (somebody in management likes them).   I would pick up 2-3 each week on my regular shopping trips and then leave them on the porch of my 7 year old neighbor across the street because he had a HUGE collection.  From time to time when we'd visit with the family he'd always insist on taking me up to the attic where he had built this massive Hot Wheels track with loops and jumps and buildings-- it was really fun.   He told me he'd often come home from school and find another new one sitting on his porch (I'd take them out of the package) from the Hot Wheels Goblin (thanks for not calling me a fairy, son).   

He stopped playing with Hot Wheels about two years ago when he hit 15, so I stopped my tradition of leaving him cars.  I still flip through the displays from time to time-- I have two nephews in Japan who I will send them too but it's a lot more expensive than leaving them outside on a porch ;).

Looking forward to grandkids and I'll do my best to get them into Hot Wheels, I know I was a track fanatic when I was a kid and it's great to get a kid away from a screen for a while.

Great story. To actually get kids away from electronics and just play is a great thing.

Personaly, I don’t really “collect” them myself but my 35 year old daughter does. She has a Boss 302 Mustang and her husband has a 69 Camaro. She got into them because of her love for real muscle cars.

I mostly, just enjoy “the hunt”. And that buzz when I run into one of the hard to find cars.